Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DOR ID

• Keelback

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Rough-Scale

Votes: 51 69.9%
  • Other

Votes: 9 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
Can anyone ID this poor fella? I'm just interested to see what people say as I have more information to the ID than I am currently letting on. I'll release the info once I get enough responses

Attachments

• Dsc_1920.jpg
    Dsc_1920.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 368
Pretty hard to see from the pic but the head certrainly looks like an elapid head! So in my opinion it's not a rough scale.. also Rrough scales are seldom seen in the wild and the pic looks like road kill so thats another reason that turns me away from Rough Scaled. I nominated other as to me it also dosen't look like a keel back though im no expert!

If I had to guess, I'd go with a roughie. A head shot would be nice :)

!00% Roughie. Actually 888lowndes888, Rough scales are fairly common, in some spots i frequent their very common.

I'd say rough scale going with my no knowlegde snake brain(it's all frogs)

Can anyone ID this poor fella? I'm just interested to see what people say as I have more information to the ID than I am currently letting on. I'll release the info once I get enough responses
were you hoping for a notechis scutatus ID?..........Iam leaning towards the roughie personally....;)

I'd have a guess, but apparently we can't guess....we have to know, and we have to know what other people know, but we can't be sure we know it until they tell us what they know. of course we don't know who the people are who can tell us what we know, so we need to figure that out too. And then we need to be sure they know what they know. And god help us if they get it wrong too because then it will rain frogs.

I'd have a guess, but apparently we can't guess....we have to know, and we have to know what other people know, but we can't be sure we know it until they tell us what they know. of course we don't know who the people are who can tell us what we know, so we need to figure that out too. And then we need to be sure they know what they know. And god help us if they get it wrong too because then it will rain frogs.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can't tell with 100% certainty but i'm leaning more toward roughie because its tail looks alot fatter than the tails of all the keelbacks i've seen.

Someone brought a roughy to one of our herp meetings and the one in the pic looks very similar to that so i'll vote for roughie

Pretty hard to see from the pic but the head certrainly looks like an elapid head! So in my opinion it's not a rough scale.. also Rrough scales are seldom seen in the wild and the pic looks like road kill so thats another reason that turns me away from Rough Scaled. I nominated other as to me it also dosen't look like a keel back though im no expert!

You get alot of rough scaled snakes around the Mary River area. I've seen one in a friends fish pond in there yard otherwise, all the others have been road kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back