Downloading Music

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the question is would you go into a cd store and steal a cd ??
there is only 1 difference. one is phisical one is not.
all the best to those who choose to steal. every one has the right to do what they want in my books, just that most dont have the brains to relise the conisqinces of there actions in the short or long run

I actually think that downloading music for free can be a huge benefit to the recording industry. From a personal perspective it's allowed me to download songs from artists that I normally wouldnt listen to and then in a lot of cases buy their cd's. Internet music has opened up the scope of music that most people listen to - and the intention of the artist is to have their music heard. The people who are 'stealing' music in most case would never buy it anyway.

I think the benefits far outway the negatives.

Example from a few years ago: Offspring sold 22 million copies of the single 'Pretty Fly' - at the same time it was the most downlaoded song on the net. They saw an opportunity to expand on this and planned to release their next cd on net only..........the record company put an end to that.

People need to accept that downloading music can't be stopped so it's better to use the technology to your advantage. the artist VAST is a good example, releasing internet only albums that you pay to download. Most people would happily pay to download if it meant they could pick and choose their music.

The recording industry as a whole needs to get their acts together and take advantage of the opportunity to provide music for download at realistic prices - rather than running around whinging about it.

i agree with legit listing points to advertise the song but not getting the song for free (pay to download no worries)
as for the record companys i have been dealing with them for over 13 years and they will never get there act together

Record companies are scared of the fact that they won't be able to charge excessive prices for packaging etc.

Despite the pros and cons/rights and wrongs of downloading copyrighted music off the net, we as a site have a responsibility to remain legal. Therefore I think we should stop posting anything that can be seen as encouraging this sort of thing.

Certainly, there is no problem with discussing personal opinions (as expressed by glacey and luke, etc). providing the discussions don't turn into abuse, but please avoid posting anything which helps break the (current) law.

I agree with lutzd and my own opion go buy it from the shop.....music artists have to make a living as well and all those involved..

thats great way for new bands to get known...but outright robbery of allready known bands/artist should be stopped...

luke said:
stores like mine make about $1-$2 per new cd!
we only sevrive on our second hand/memorabilia etc,

hay luke your store is next to suncorpmet isnt it.....I can throw a stone from here and it would land on your roof.....

Might come in one day....but I am going out for a ride to Mout Glorious...I will beep as I go by.....I am off see ya...lol

thx afri
AGAMIDAE- big sale on next weekend well worth a look if you live so close

Congrats Saikrett,
Symbio gardens has posters up and are selling your cd's.

PS,
What does Saikrett actually mean?

Hey Saikrett have you heard of the band BueDawn? because my band is doing a gig with them this week at my local school. i thought u might know em because theyre a Sydney band aswell.

good luck guys feel fee to post some cds to my shop if ya want to see how they go in brissie

most bands probably make most of their money from merchandise and selling out concerts then what they actually get from the sale of cd's. if downloading from the internet gets more people to buy other band related things is that not better for their career in the long run?

can't say i have springherp.
i agree with you soulweaver, At the moment i don't care if people download my songs because its getting our name out there.
on average most bands get about $7 from a C.D.
if you get a gig at $15 a head, you would need everybody to buy 2 C.Ds to make more money from the CDs.

Actually I can see all points of view. One of the big wigs metallica that is kicking up a stink about music theft actually done the same thing when they started, they encouraged bootlegs of their music to get their name out there. Now tho, they want to turn around and kick the fans in the teeth by threatening to sue them.

I think it is funny, the very thing that made them big, they are now fighting against whole heartedly. What a joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back