Downloading Music

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it. In the original post, doesn't BROWNS include the word "cheap" not "free"? Doesn't that imply a money exchange of some sort? Well last time I checked it did.... :?

Actually, I think I may have completely misread the original post. I would like to hear from BROWNS to see what his real intentions were.

Now, after re-reading his post, I think he may be talking about those sites that allow you to leagally download music at a fraction of the cost (at least I think there legal) if this is the case then I am really red faced right about now. :oops:

Even if this is the case, I still do not appreciate being called "saintly" as I still think the same way about true music theft as in all of my posts in this thread.

Actually SnakeWrangler, Lars has been quoted saying he doesn't care about any of that Napstar stuff now. He's done a complete 360 on the whole thing. Not that it matters, all the damage's been done. Nice to see he believed whole-heartedly in the venom he was spitting.

Well it was Lars who was at the frontline in all the interviews for all the anti-Napstar stuff. I never once heard an opinion from the rest of the band.

And Greebo: Pfft drummers are the most skilled members in the band! :p

Actually lots of people thopught alot about what he thought, he and james were two of the biggest voices in the whole thing (most well know probably).

Thanks for the suggestions and comments.All are welcome and it's good to hear peoples opinions.

Thanks VAT for pointing out i said "cheap".Some people are a bit quick to jump the gun aren't they!! I have no intentions of doing this illegaly and don't mind paying a price that's reasonable to download music.I don't think i'd like to work out how much i've spent on cd's over the years....i know it's a lot and many times i've bought them just for one song.My choice i know but surely these sites that charge to download music wouldn't be illegal would they?
I don't know a great deal about it which is why i asked here as i knew i'd get advice and opinions good or bad.

Thanks again for the suggestions and just want to make it clear i wasn't asking for sites that promote illegal downloads which is why i said cheap but still good quality.I'll take a look at winmx.

By the way i'll still be buying cd's if i think they are worth it.I just got sick of buying cd's for one or a couple of good songs and the rest weren't much chop............

Well I'll be the first to publicly apologise for jumping the gun, I should have double checked before going the way I did, I am glad to see that this forum is safe and intact without any problems. I would have been the guilty one for jumping the gun and making this thread look bad when it actually wasn't.

Anyway, my sincerest apology to BROWNS and anyone else who may have been offended or upset by anything I said.

By the way winmx is a peer to peer file sharing network that DOES ONLY share music illegally (completely for free), I would stay away from that if you want to stay legal.

No problem BROWNS. :wink:

Greebs seriously, the only joke is that string pickers don't get labelled meat heads often enough. :p

Try the new napster, it is now a subscription or something like that which allows you to only get the songs you want. At least that is what I make of it.

No offence taken SW.Thanks for the suggestion.Does anyone else use any other sites that are subscription or the like so i can checkout and can compare a few?

Also any to steer away from would be appreciated.

Cheers.............

Vat69, seriously drummers merely keep the beat (well the good ones do) so if by best musician you mean the guy that doesn't have to worry about chords,scales,progressions,melodies,not too mention pulling faces while doing solos you are dead correct.
Show me a smart drummer and I will show you a drum machine. :D I have played with many over the years and I have only met a couple of guys that I would call a good musician.

saw a good drummer last night. They were having technical difficulties so the drummer was 'forced' to do a 8 minute long solo. Excelent work with the double bass pedal

See you guys! That's what I'm talking about! Not just keeping a beat. Well most of the time it is....but..uh..drumming's alot harder than it's given credit for. Guitarists take all the glory. :p
It seems that they're pulling faces for the majority of the set, so I'll give you that one about guitarists having to pull special ones during solos to compete. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back