dragons?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

croc_hunter_penny

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have had snakes for a while, but I have always had an interest in dragons too. I don't have tons of space right now, so I can't really collect every variety of dragon there is. Instead I want to build a really nice enclosure for ONE pair of dragons. The question is "what dragon do I want??"

I have been looking at water dragons, painted dragons, and angle-headed dragons. If anyone has these I would like to hear from you, but if you have a different kind I would like to know why yours are great. Please tell me what dragon you own, why you like it, and how you house it (and photos of dragons and enclosures are always good)

I have an area of 6ft long by 3ft deep to make an enclosure. (And, well, as high as the ceiling basically :p)

I just can't make up my mind :rolleyes:
-Penny

if you can wait till next season you can get a couple of tawny dragon hatchies, i'll be breeding them again, you could keep 2 trios in the area you have, just build 2 3ft enclosures, i love them because of their colors and they are just so cute, just use a sand substrate with a basking stack at one end and hide box at the other end

i know i''m probably as boring as bat poop, but i absolutely love my beardies, theyre so cute and funny and friendly, have huge personalities fro the size of them and their such a joy to have around. plus they're really easy to look after and look adorable when they eat. :)

i did have them housed in a 6x2x2 foot tank thats always open, but one developed and attitude problem and wont let the other one in anymore, so she lives in the loungeroom now.

I'd seriously suggest angle heads or boyds.
No heating means you won't be making your living area hotter than it already is.
They are awesome dragons, great personality and not too hard to keep these days.

I would go for a beardy if you want too handle it, but if it was me i would follow Mappie's suggestion.

blueys and beardies seem to be the most handlable.. i think that beardies can enjoy your comfort and prescence but blueys just put up with it.. depends on the individual..

its best to keep beardies seperate, but thats easily done with a divider, or two 4x2x2's stacked one on top of the other.. :D

good luck and i hope you find your perfect dragon, or skink or whatever..

you could slow your change from snakes to lizards by getting a legless lizard.. heheh..

guess it depends on how much money you want to spend..
i would probably get a pair of beardies and a pair of bluetongues, they would happily live together.
angle-headed dragons are ok, only eat crickets though, and u have to mist em quite a bit.
water dragons...ok as babies, but i reckon u should only keep em outside in a massive pit or enclosure as adults, and they are long and need alot of room.
but, if u want to spend the money, boyds rainforest dragons ares stunners. gorgeous. gorgeous gorgous.
but, if u want something that is fairly simple to keep, definetly some beardies, and for fun sake add some blueys or even a couple of shinglebacks . :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back