drama

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks dangles! i didnt know you could do that , obviously lol :)

Or what I've found works even better is going to Google and searching only on this site. To do this you just type "site:aussiepythons.com <search term>". If I'm looking for specific threads or even just specific ideas, I have found this method works much, much better than the site search. I think the site search should just link straight to Google. Lots of other sites do it that way

the search function on this site DOES need improvement.

When a keyword is searched, the list that comes up is in time order of any threads that have that keyword in them, whether the keyword be in the title or even in the body of the thread. I think when you search a keyword, the first ones that appear should be with the keyword in the title. would make finding relevant threads much easier

I agree. I have had trouble with this too. Very frustrating

Step 1) Noob asks question.
Step 2) People who know answer question.
Step 3) Noob asks again as he/she doesn't like answers already given.
Step 4) Slightly less noob gives the answer (albeit usually incorrect) total noob wanted to hear all along.

Step 1) Noob asks question.
Step 2) People who know answer question.
Step 3) Noob asks again as he/she doesn't like answers already given.
Step 4) Slightly less noob gives the answer (albeit usually incorrect) total noob wanted to hear all along.
That I agree with, I have seen pages threads run around in circles until the answer someone wants to hear comes up.

It really annoys me, people can be so quick to jump the gun and just rip on someone for not knowing something. Ok, its hard not to laugh when people ask if their spotted python could eat their dog or something like that, but that doesnt mean the reply has to be rude. If people cant ask questions and learn from other people, it kinda defeats one of the main objects of this website.

"does my snake need water or does he get it from the air?"
couldn't even bring myself to respond,mostly i will if in i can help,myself only having snakes for 3mths.but that ? took my breath away.i hope sumone was just taking the p&^s out of me.
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back