Driftwood for Herp enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikkers_mum

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just got given a lovely bit of driftwood for my bearded dragon enclosure but it has some sharp bits at the ends. Will these be dangerous for my dragon and if so, how can I go about fixing it?

Thankyou in advance

Michelle :)

Get out the good old file, AKA flat bastard...

You could use a few things, A file, a sander. A belt sander would be great...

Beardies get around in the wild without smoothing off every log they come across.

But if it is worrying you just smooth the sharp bits off.

da_donkey said:
Beardies get around in the wild without smoothing off every log they come across.

Yes, but in the wild they aren't confined to a relatively small space where they encounter it an a very common basis.

Dicco said:
da_donkey said:

Yes, but in the wild they aren't confined to a relatively small space where they encounter it an a very common basis.

thats why i said to smooth it if she is worried.

Ive never seen any of my beardies, self mutalating themselves on sharp logs in there enclosures.

Sometimes protusions on wood inclusions are used as a sloughing aid by beardies when they have a troublesome patch they want to scratch off.
Play nicely kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back