drilling

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jedohara

Reaction score
is it ok to drill holes in a click clack or whatever there called i got called a goose if i did that by someone at a pet shop they sed i should use this thing forgot what it was called now but is it ok to drill haha

Drilling cracks the plastic really easy.

You are better off using a soldering iron
or I used a pair of pliers to hold a nail which I heated up over a flame and pierced holes with it

I used a drill no problems just make sure you have a nice sharp piece and take it easy, let the drill do the work, dont push or it will crack.

Yes like Scag said, also hold a piece of wood behind while your drilling, the soldering iron does look neater but at the end of the day it's just a plastic tub and is never going to look that great anyway.

Did you slap the shop assistant?

I heat a piece of steel on the BBQ, works well for me, drilling has always ended up with at least one crack for me. Usually right at the end when you think you've almost made it to the end lol

as said you can drill just don't push let the bit do the work, you could also get a dremel they are awesome for that fiddly stuff

i used a cheap soldering iron for mine, just make sure your in a ventilated area and have a dam rag available to clean any melted plastic of the iron whist its still hot.

Yes like Scag said, also hold a piece of wood behind while your drilling, the soldering iron does look neater but at the end of the day it's just a plastic tub and is never going to look that great anyway.

Did you slap the shop assistant?

I use both, but if I drill I support it with a piece of timber also!

someone on here drilled holes and the edges were a bit sharp and the snake rubbed its face on them...I cant remember the thread

So if you are going to drill make sure you dont have anything sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back