E. Bhp Pic

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ad

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi All
Here is one of my female eastern blackheads, nice banding and not too much smudging as she has matured.
Hope you like her
Cheers
Adam

She's gorgeous Ad.

:?: By the way, if she's an eastern BHP, what other varieties of BHP are there?
Also, where are the eastern's from?

Cheers zen

Hey Zen,
You get Eastern or Qld bhps - they have orange to purply/bruise colouring in the banding.
NT Bhps - have darker banding and are inbetween Qld and Wa bhps, they are dark banded at the top though still show some qld colour as the bands near the ventrals.
Wa bhps or Western Bhps or Black and White Bhps show no qld colouring at all. They are a dark brown/black with white/cream banding. They are generally smaller than easterns.
This is a broad/brief description, a general guide.
Cheers
Ad

so theseare still qld bhp's? great looking bhp either way you have some real stunners.

Yeah Jason, she is a qlder.
Here is a male I took some pics of today too, gotta love the orange banding!
Cheers
Ad

so are these guys breeding next season aswell as the wa's? i think i want to get some bhp off you next yr they are great how much for the pairs?

Jason, They should breed next season, as well as my Westerns.
I am considering selling this pair atm to fund some other purchases though.
I will still have easterns breeding next season regardless,
Cheers
Ad

re E.

Good feeders to hey AD,mine like chicken necks and they digest better than rats. :D

I sure you feed your BHP whole animals as well
and not just chicken necks.

You will kill it by only feeding it chicken necks.

People might read this and think chicken necks are a complete food.

re E.

They eat everything,cant see anyone just feeding them the same thing all the time they get mice and rats too.Dont think they get too many rodents to eat in the wild espesially fat ones ime leaning more toward low fat diet.

re E.

It was a suggestion from browns,as theyd be easy to swallow,in the wild they seem to eat ground birds as wild caughts from gow used to eat chickens but not rats.Hate cleaning chicken necks,removing that bit of fat they have under the neck.Feeding rodents all the time probably wont kill a bhp but beware of the high fat and fur content,mine got their rats yesterday its a mixed feeding regime,if yo feed frozen whole chicks beware of feeding too many as ive been told that the yolk they contain isnt good all the time.HaHa yeh they dont see many chicken necks like rats,ide say you would be safe to assume that these domestic animals contain high fat deposits and picking lean young rats or chickens and even bunnies like AD would be OK. :)

re E.

I reckon that bhp of ADs looks great Azz,if you see full body shots of mine they are similar except for a NT i have which is more orange banded. :)

I will have to post a photo of the young female I bought off Adam that he bred last year. It's as nice, dare I say nicer than the pair I got from Simon Stone. :D

I reckon that bhp of ADs looks great Azz,if you see full body shots of mine they are similar except for a NT i have which is more orange banded.

i'd be quitting while i was ahead.

Thats like saying 'my daughter is better looking than your daughter'. Not cool to say at all!!!! Both very attractive snakes. Will have to get one down the track me thinks. I do not have a daughter by the way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back