Eastern Water Dragon Problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptile_1989

Reaction score
i came home today after school and looked at my ewds and one had a stiff twisted back leg and i dont no what to do, any 1 got ant suggestions

Take it to the vet if there is no improvement tonight or tomorrow.
Could have jumped and dislocated hip.

How old are they???
Might have something to do with age,not sure till though as i don't know the age.
I reckon a vet trip though.

Was it just like that when it was sitting still or was it like that when you were handling it? EWD's tend to sit like this, with their back leg(s) lying straight out and stiff, but they do no damage when sitting like this.

Simon Archibald

it does it when it is walking it drags his leg behind and then after about 1-2 minutes it frees up, i rang the vet and they said there are almost 100% sure it would be a tightend tendent, i get them in my ankle and i cant move it, thats after a big ran and stuff, i woke up this morning and the leg was free again but the foot was still a bit twisted.

hey dunno if this will help... but when i got my beardies one had a stiff leg and had turned almost black... i showed to who i bought them from and he reckoned she was just faking it... so i waited until she shed then she was fine :?
nev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back