Eastern Water Dragon question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what I thought too but only cos thats typical of a lot of species, so I wasn't gonna reply first and look like an idiot later! :?
"The less a man makes declared his statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect" Quentin Tarentino, Four Rooms!!! :twisted:

Of course! lol
But seriously, I'm pretty sure I heard males are more colourful from somewhere.
Besides, how can you be wrong with all your expertise.

yeah the males have the red stomachs

I have a female with a red chest but she is otherwise much different looking to my male who has a similarly red chest. Sorry but I am in Qld at the moment so I can't post a pic. Ask Pugsly, he is at my place.

Thanks for the replies.
I had always been told that it was the males that had the red chest. So I was rather surprised yesterday when the red chested "male" I bought off Simon last year laid a clutch of eggs.
It would seem that both my adults are female so I doubt that the clutch will be fertile. I put them in the incubator anyway....never know.

It's the males that typically have the red chest but i have seen a female with red along the sides of the belly. If you want determine sex not based on colour then males have much larger heads with larger nuchal crest and jaw muscles.

Yep Petes have a small amount of red on them, but as Serpettongue said along the sides, i see plenty at work with red chests though.

Ill put some pics up when I download all 5000 to the computer soon lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back