Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilK

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all. Moving out of home sooonish and I wanted to branch out into lizards (for some reason mum and dad love the pythons but not the lizards..) and I have been looking at EWDs! Who keeps them? What are they like to keep, and please post some piccies! Cheers.

Fantastic lizards to keep! they are so full of character and are great to watch! however, if you want a lizard you can handle... get a beardie! EWD's arent the greatest handlers! they tailwhip and scratch pretty bad!
They get to a decent size too which is good, without getting too big like monitors etc....

anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

heres some pics of my 2 boys for you!

Matt

This is Turbo a few weeks ago... they live outside and in winter they go very dull and very slow when cold...
TurboWinter2007Small.jpg

however when u keep them warm, or all throughout summer they look great! like this! :)
TurboBiteyMarch2007-Turbo.jpg

TurboBiteyMarch2007-Bitey.jpg

TurboBiteyMarch2007-03.jpg

TurboBiteyMarch2007-01.jpg

turboinaviary.jpg

biteyinaviary.jpg

TurboFloor.jpg

BiteyFloor.jpg

TurboLog.jpg

BiteyWall.jpg

i kept them up until recently they are awesome animals, they are very active love to chase cats LOL( funny stuff that....), but they dont really like being handled so yeah they are a real look but dont touch kind of lizard

They are in my opinion the best lizard available, only drawback is handling. But for display purposes beats beardies hands down. Will eat anything and tend to crap in their water so apart from water changes are relativly low maintenence.

MoreliaMatt they are AWESOME dragons. They really do look like little dragons hahaha. Beautiful set up and I love their colouration. Will definitely get one of them down the track (although that's probably a fair way down the track..)

If they dislike being handled etc, how do you clean the enclosure? Or are they OK with that? And do they drop tails?

but if kept inside, full water changes need to be performed every 2 - 3 days or else they get very smelly very fast!

very nice dragons matt! ive never seen them that nice! is that pit outside?

they dont drop tails....

you can pick them up, but just expect alot of wriggling and some decent scrathes down your arms! :)

i just used to shut off the hallway and let them run around while i was cleaning their inside enclosure..... but now they are out the back when im cleaning the aviary they just stay up the back out of my way.....

very nice dragons matt! ive never seen them that nice! is that pit outside?

thanks!!! they look extremely nice inside when they were kept warm!

when they were little i had them in a 3ft tank....
31.jpg

then when they outgrew that i put them in a 5ft tank, with a divider at one end for water....
51.jpg

52.jpg

then when they outgrew that (they probably could have stayed in there but i beleive in the more room the better!) i put them outside in this aviary! it measures 10ft deep x 5ft wide x 6'8" high....
greenery1.jpg

greenery2.jpg

greenery3.jpg

Matt

PS. this is turbo climbing the front door when he was left in the hallway at cleaning time! :)
TurboDoorSmall.jpg

no pics but my m8 addy on this site owns an albino water dragon in my opinion they are a good animal

mine are great only small still but lots of fun to watch. they're very fast .

they will go into a death roll if something grabs their tail so that they twist it off and they do grow back

they will go into a death roll if something grabs their tail so that they twist it off and they do grow back

Serious? Or is this another joke, like the time you were riding a horse and it's leg "just fell off" :lol:

I can never quite figure you out hornet! :p

And MoreliaMatt, those dragons are gorgeous! Your pit looks fantastic too.

well not a death roll but they will madly twist to the tail falls off to escape the predator and i have seen a pic of someones ewd with its tail regenerating

water dragons

iv got a gippsland water dragon, i think they look a bit better

joe dirt 057.jpg

joe dirt 017.jpg

scar.. 001.jpg

scar.. 027.jpg

animals 029.jpg

note- he was rescuded from bush fires that is y he has a burn on the left side of him and a few other lilltle burns on his legs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back