Easy lizzards

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Easterns just sit there and watch tv with you either on your hand or siting on your shoulder.:D:D

Go with what you like the best:D
There all great:D

i do like the bluey's

what sort of enclosure do you have Zero in? like size and shiz.

hey i have 1 adult bluey and 2 baby ones i couldn't resist i love them the big one sits on my lap likes it when i storke between his eyes is inquesitive i think because when i talk to him or he sees me walk passed the tank be looks up and licks his tongue at me and the other 2 which are babies 3 months of age where really scared when i got them on saturday (this one) and they wouldnt even let me get close to them without running into their hide but the next day they let me go right up to them and look at them without getting scared and they looked up and licked at me like the big one and they let me handle them already and i even hand fed them yesterday i got them from everything reptile manly west he has about 40 to 50 baby blueys priced at 40 dollars each which is very cheap imo www.everythingreptile.com.au you should look him up

hey bluetongue,
i have heard of everything reptile... have you got an addy?

'i have been into that store before but never rly took any notice.'

Theyve just recently upgraded their entire reptile area. Its the best in Brisbane, and Im not fooling around, my bf and I really did our research in Brisbane places selling Reptiles before we bought into anything.

Maria is genuinely cool and keeps many reptiles herself.. unfortunately, the problem around brisbane seems to be that many shops that sell reptiles dont know jack and it really shows. Eg Mt Gravatt.. I asked to have a look at a little childrens python and the girl upended the poor little thing out of its toilet roll and dropped it into her hand. And then started trying to sound intelligent with how much she didnt know about snakes.. all the time waving it around in the air. So by the time she finally gave it to me, of course it lashed out and tried to bite me. I just felt sorry for it and the other reptiles there too. Oh, and a bonus. If you keep going there and keep up a good relationship with Maria, chances are she'll give you a 10% discount every time you go there :)

"what sort of enclosure do you have Zero in? like size and shiz."

Zero has a 3.5 x 2.5 ft fish tank with 1 large bag of repti bark for him to dig in, a biiig water bowl to swim in (this is his Adult tank mind, if you look at my photos page you'll find his baby tank) and a few nice natural hide logs and thick branches to climb around on. His tank is just a normal fish tank (as you can see in the photos) with the hood on it and all. His heat and light are attached with clamps to the glass median down the top centre of the tank (as most fish tanks do)

As far as Ive heard, Zero is exceptionally spoiled with all that space but I wanted him to have the best. All up, it has set me back around $1000. Thats the tank (stand, tank and hood for around $450), bark replacements ($30+ a bag), his heat coil and uv lights (inc replacements), the clamps and the directional cup around the light ($70-90 for uv lights needing replacement around every 60 monts) and his various logs and tank decorations.. which I keep changing -.-

Now its just upkeep, that $1000 was pretty much the initial cost, now its just food and 'decorations' to keep it interesting for him and encourage his curious nature.

do you recon i could keep 2 in a 4ft tank?

and if you dont mind me asking... how much did zero cost you?

i beleive you could fit 2 in their but it depends on how wide it is the length is fine i beleive u could fit 4 in their easy depending on wide is is imo ...

Zero himself was only $60. And dont forget your LICENSE! :)

Generally people say not to house blue tongues together. People risk it, but I refuse to. Blue tongues are very territorial as they get older, not to mention young ones will automatically pick a dominant and submissive.. the sub will get smaller and weaker and will ultimately not enjoy the same quality of life as the dominant. Not to mention risking fights if you just happen to end up with two males. You cannot sex blue tongues without getting them probed, a controversial method which can damage or hurt your lizard.

thats giant for a baby bluey and and would be great accomodation for the bluey and i dont see why you cant put 2 in their or even 3 but they may fight but mine havent yet and i dont see and submissive or dominant behaviour as of yet

oh ok....
well i shall get the 1 than....
now just to find a cheap tank
lol

Okay... Erm :/ Im not sure what to say BlueTongue... and I dont want to sound rude.. but you dont sound like much of an expert on blue tongues..with your own lizards, you seem to be taking risks and hoping it will all be fine on a whim and a wish..

Jhoosh, good luck :) PM me if you need to know anything else!

I dont claim to be an expert in any way shape or form, but Maria has told me Zero is one of the best conditioned reptiles she has seen.

i shall.....
tiri i see you are in brissy to. (lol obvisly coz you recomended a brisbane pet store.. derrr. lol)

I have a DJ business... if you are eva having a party.... pm me..... lol

im not saying im and expert either but their not aggressive so i think they should be right but i'll have to wait and see

Does any one know of a place in birsbane to get cheap tanks?
second hand, refurbished, or new

hey DJ Jhoosh you may be better off starting a new thead as some people don't keep checking on a thread and will not realise you have asked a new question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back