Easy lizzards

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dougj91

Reaction score
Hey,
I have had beardies in the past and now am looking for something new.
I want something that is easy to maintain and fun to have.

any ideas?

Doug

Jackie lizards,bluies,shingle backs & EWDs (from a young age thare a pritty good pet):D:p:D:p:D:p

i agree with jewly, central netteds are the way to go. i have two beardies and got 4 central netteds two weeks ago and they are great. they are only tiny (about 6 weeks old and probably 4 or 5 cm total)but are already very tame, some jumping on my hand when i put it in there...similar care to beardies, but much smaller (body length of only about 10 cm when adults). so i recommend them highly!

A Blue Tongue, definitely :)

Theyre the lap lizards and 'dogs' of the reptile world. Ive only had my bluey, Zero for just over a year and he knows my voice. He'll come out of his log when he hears me and will sit on my lap with his eyes closed, enjoying being stroked, scratched on the side of his mouth or under his chin for hours on end (yet if someone else walks up and tries to interrupt, he'll open his eyes and hiss at them) XD

Plus they are nice and slow *lol* So you dont have to worry about them sprinting off and having to dig them out from under a sofa or something unless you've forgotten to watch where theyre wandering.

I have just one day's experience but I can guarantee a spiny tailed goanna will give you hours of fun and entertainment :D

how long did it take you to tame your bluey Tirilia?
Ive always wanted a reptile that i can sit with while watching tv.

And i have always loved the look of the Central netted dragons.... just neva knew much bout them...

thanks heaps

if you want to know more about central netteds, go to google and type in 'central netted dragon care' and the first thing that comes up is centralnetteddragon.com. it is about the only site i ever found with some good info on their care.

There not rly....
I know of a few people that are selling them

Not at pet city anymore

They did have 2 adults but they live with me now lol

'how long did it take you to tame your bluey Tirilia?
Ive always wanted a reptile that i can sit with while watching tv.'

Not long at all actually.. He was one of only 2 left in the shop when I happened to walk in looking for my perfect (and first) Blue Tongue, I played with both, and the one that kept trying to crawl up my arm and stuck his tongue out the most when I went to pat him (rather than hiss like the other did), was the one I went with :)

He's never turned to snap at me if I put my hand in his tank (with the exception of once when he thought I was trying to steal his snail, and even then it was like he stopped thrash like 'oh, its just you, sorry'). I use to be able to feed him by hand, but now that hes about 4x the size he was when I first got him, I tend to use feeding tongs rather than risk an accidental nip. He has accidentally grazed my finger once when I was hand feeding him, but amazingly enough, rather than bite down, he immediately let go of both my finger and the piece of banana. It was seriously like he was saying " :( omg Im so sorry!" because it took me a few minutes to offer him the banana again (this time with tongs) and he NEVER turns down banana *lol*

If you want a lizard who will just cruise around in your lap (and generally enjoy using you as an auto-patting hot water bottle) go with a Blue Tongue :)

I think maybe Dragons are too fast for that sort of thing I think.. I know a lot of them have been tamed down and are content to sit on your shoulder, but in comparison to taming their jumpy nature, its really not difficult to tame a bluey, seeing as they dont have much option but to tolerate you when a dragon can just sprint off when he's had enough of your company XD

From what Ive heard of blue tongues (and if my little guy is anything to go by) they seem to actually enjoy human company.

Oh and if youre looking for a great place to buy a Bluey? Go to the Stafford Pet Super Store and ask for Maria.
Ph- 3352 4000
Web- www.petsuperstore.com.au
Addy- 266 Stafford Rd, Stafford

Maria is an absolute genius when it comes to reptiles. And she remembers Zero's name, My bf and my name, and my bf's two dragons too every time we go in, no matter how far between visits. You really feel like shes looking out for you and will talk to you straight. Shes awesome :)

thanks heaps tirilia,
i have been into that store before but never rly took any notice.

shall go back for a second look.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back