Easy mark - made me laugh.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spilota_variegata

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
We have a problem with out of control youths in Alice Springs. Violence is becoming commonplace with many members of the community now too scared to walk the streets for fear of attack.

Last week, an elderly gentleman was leaving a local watering spot and was accosted by 5 hooligans who thought he'd be an easy mark and pulled a knife on him. Little did the hooligans know was that the almost 70 year old man they had decided to rob was an ex special service soldier who promptly broke one of their legs, one of their noses, incapacitated one other and sent the remaining two running away like little girls.

I know it's probably wrong of me but I found this story both amusing and strangely satisfying. Is this wrong of me?

Not at all. Gave me warm fuzzies too lol.
Serves em right!

Should have gutted and grilled them too :lol: That said i wouldnt recomend attacking a mob armed with knives, it wont always work out, but gambling is always good fun with high stakes.

Did this person get prosecuted or sued for using excessive force, like our laws would want?

Is there a link to an article or something? I'd love to share that round haha

Good on the old timer,just cos they are old today does't mean that they were always old.my mum used to work out at ti tree roadhouse 200km north of alice and the violence out there used to scare me when we'd go visit her.the only place i wouldn't let my son out of my sight.

That's a fantastic story. Lol I just hope it teaches them a lession not to be ********s

Should have gutted and grilled them too :lol: That said i wouldnt recomend attacking a mob armed with knives, it wont always work out, but gambling is always good fun with high stakes.

Did this person get prosecuted or sued for using excessive force, like our laws would want?

I wouldn't think the older bloke would be prosecuted for exessive force assuming he was was probable unarmed at the time and was defending is life, by the sounds of it this bloke could of easily ended thier lifes so he I reckon he showed good self control considering the circumstances.
If they catch the young guys they should be prosecuted and taught some respect.

Is there a link to an article or something? I'd love to share that round haha

I haven't seen anything in the paper about it. We are having a lot of social issues here also and I doubt if the local paper would post something about 5 aboriginal youths getting beat up by someone they had attacked as it might spark vigilante action in the community. I don't really want to go any further than that as I don't want the thread to get out of hand.

couldnt hope for a better outcome. getting sick of the way kids are turning out!!! should be more action taken. wonder if the top cop job is taken in that town ? sounds like allice needs a sherif like that!!!!

I wouldn't think the older bloke would be prosecuted for exessive force assuming he was was probable unarmed at the time and was defending is life, by the sounds of it this bloke could of easily ended thier lifes so he I reckon he showed good self control considering the circumstances.
If they catch the young guys they should be prosecuted and taught some respect.

True - also, it's unlikely the youths would press charges for fear of being charged themselves. The elderly gentleman is superbly fit and could have probably killed any or all of them if he had chosen to. With training to kill, also comes training in self control. It's obvious from the injuries sustained that his intent was to incapacitate, therefore eliminating the risk of further injury - to him and the attackers.

Thank god the young guys didn't attack some of the younger guys at work who are also special forces trained. I don't think the youths in Alice Springs who commit these sort of crimes realise there are people out there that have been trained to kill and maim and are putting their own lives at risk by doing so.

I say well done to the elderly gentlemen, I say it serves the young thugs right for being a pack of idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back