Eating machines

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beama

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys couple of quick questions, we have recently bought a couple of bearded dragons about 9 months old. I have lawson dragons and they eat both vegies and crickets but not excessive amounts, now i realise that beardies are bigger and eat more but these two cant seem to get enough!!! so my question is how much is too much. between them they would eat a feeding bowl of vegies heaped each day and crickets well last night it was about 50 between them, i dont want to over or under feed them so what do others feed theors. I am also aware that they are growing still at the moment so that needs to be taken into account. They are both very healthy looking. Im going to vets on monday to get them checked as they are new to us, but any advice before hand would be great. Both lovely pets and enjoy being handled. Cheers all :D

Hi mate. I would feed them a fresh bowl of veggies every day in the morning preferably. That should be there for them all day if they want it. Then I would just feed them around lunch time say 10-15 large crix each dragon. Then you can give them a few in the late arvo. Id say another 5-10 each. THats oviously a rough guide. I personally like to feed less and more times a day then one massive session as the dragons are glutenous critters and wont stop lol. Sometimes this can shock their digestive system if they are coming out of a brumation and havent fed in ages. Apart from that just keep dusting the crix with calcium powder and then vitamin powder and they will love you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back