eggbound? help...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
in the crap she done there was teeth, python teeth, heaps of them...

Yeah looks bound to me Tony. Let us know how she goes.

He will probably give her a shot of oxytocin. This induces labour.

HTH

Cameron

she is 4yo nearly 5... first time yep... she is a big solid girl...

Hi There, sorry I'm new to snake stuff (lizards my thing), could someone tell me why there were python teeth in her poo?

Hi There, sorry I'm new to snake stuff (lizards my thing), could someone tell me why there were python teeth in her poo?

Snakes can't spit small things out of there mouths, so anything that that ends up in their mouth usually gets swallowed and passed unless they can rub it out.

Snakes shed their teeth all the time, so most cr@p will have teeth. But if the snake has an injury or a mouth infection alot of teeth can fall out and passed which is when it is noticeable.

Oxcytocin is unlikely to work, in most cases there is very limited success, it's administered after a calcium shot, which probably does more for the snake then the former. I bred a Darwin for her first time this year, aged 7years. She laid one egg and no more, she was given calcium and oxytocin shots to no avail. She died about two weeks ago.

Good luck, hope you have better luck than me.

that's a bummer Tony I bet you're shattered. Mark Simpson at Sugarloaf Animal Hospital (West Wallsend) is the only vet in the hunter that I know of that has any idea about herps.

The normal veterinary procedure would be to put the snake under anaesthetic. Usually this relaxes the animals muscles and will normally enable the eggs to be manipulated out of the female. Drugs are only administered if this does not work. A final resort would be to cut her open to take the eggs out. Manipulating by squeezing the eggs out can be extremely dangerous.

i will try to get her in to mark simpson(sugarloaf) tomorrow, ray burton(mt hutton) isnt in till thursday...

Sorry to hear mate, hope she comes good for you.

Good luck.

Dave

mate thats terrible, im sorry to hear that!! please let me know how she goes

jason

thanks jason & colin... not much i can do now... she has had a shot of baytrill for any infections that may come up... she will be on them for the next 10 days...

Good to hear she survived Tony.
Mate, what an experience to go through.
Hope i never have to go through that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back