Enclosure building help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perspex will bow , unless it is a small piece , for a 4x2x2 i would NOT use it , your snake will force the gap open and get out , unless you put some kind of reinforcement on the perspex ........
5 mm glass should be fine it is pretty strong and would take a good belting to break it ...

i used perspex on my enclosure (mainly because it is cheaper than glass and you need metal tracks)

the only prob i have is the it can bend and i think i snake could get out through the gap so i still thinking of a way to close up the gap :cry:

but hey if you want to use glass go for it mean who's stopping you apart from money:lol:

Perspex and glass will cost you the same , and you dont need metal tracks for glass , it works fine in "plastic track "

i rang the glazier and spoke to them, and today bought everything needed, and go the track anyway, its thiner in the seperator then i thought like a mil or 2. so its all good now anyway

if you need to do something about the gap between the door, go to an automotive rubber place, and get some emka seal / pinch weld /edge seal...
it's a metal U frame coated in rubber basicaly..
you tap it onto the edge of the glass, it will not come off easy, and will foll the gap very well...

i buy it from a place in sydney called spectrum rubber.. costs SFA..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back