Enclosure designers / makers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL I try myself.

I built a lot of snake cages using aluminium and the black joiners, so I should be alright with it. I am just thinking that those individual aluminium doors will add fair a bit of weight to it.
Anyway, I will see, keeping all options open.

If its going up in the canopy will the sunlight be magnified through the perspex? i know you will have mesh but may be an issue? what about gal steel tube welded together, fitted with a rat/ mouse gal mesh in the same idea you are looking at, can screw on hinged doors?

The only perspex or some other solid material will be the dividers and the front. The top, back and bottom will be mesh that allows more than ample UV through while providing excellent ventilation and water can run through. It may or may not go into the canopy, in the end I might find a suitable spot in the garden, which would be easier than hoisting it up and lowering it every time I want to check things. Rat/mouse mesh is no good if you imagine how small GTP neonates are. A 5mm wire mesh will go over the insect screen for better protection. Also, gal steel would be 4x heavier than aluminium.

It will be similar to this but smaller with 10 compartments, insect screen under the wire mesh and different front.

i-d6bMfWZ-M.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back