Enclosure heating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadCricket

Reaction score
Ormiston, Queensland, Australia, Australia
First I will start with some info on some great bunnings prices that I took advantage of; portable halogen flood light $14.90. There is also another non portable option for like $9 that works well. I use halogen lights in a couple of my tanks for several reasons. They produce a lot more heat per watt. They can be used to simulate day/night cycles and they were quite cheap. Its also fairly easy to create a great thermal gradient in a tank with the portable flood light as it has pre attached heat shielding to focus on the area you want warm.

I also have a question. I ran into a fantastic enclosure at the tender centre. I'm guessing it was designed for monitors as it was more like an open pit. Tall sides and open top. Really quite big, so I'm guessing its for outdoor use. It had some fittings for heat and I imagine you could create a bit of a basking area but how do you keep a whole monitor enclosure that size warm?

im no expert on monitors but im guessing you would have a hot spot in the enclosure and the rest at air temp. same for night time, just a heated hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back