Enclosure Help and Advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toastie

Reaction score
Hey All

Been around this site for a few months now studying all i can about
Antaresia stimsoni, as this is going to be my first snake (some day).

Anyway my next suburb over had a Verge pickup found this fairly old wardrobe, asked the owners if we could take it they had no problems. The area i have planned out for my stimson python will be 1110mm L x 560mmW x 910mm H with shelfs underneath to create a nice tidy vivarium. I plan on using a ceramic heat emitter im just wondering what wattage i would need to provide enough heat for my enclosure. And is there any problems that anyone has with Ceramic Heat emitters? Happy to answer any questions about my ideas or if you have any advice for me as i am still learning thank you!! i'll keep this thread updated with my progress.

One more thing i no that
Antaresia stimsoni are not a very large python would it be really stressful for a snake that size to go in this fairly big enclosure or will he be fine if i provide enough hides (which i play on doing to keep him/her interested)

This is it ATM, I no its not much but everything has potential lol
Image081.jpg
Image082.jpg

Last edited:
i don't know as much about stimmos but i keep a pair of spotteds in a 3ft x 50 x 50 tank.
i reackon if you had a big backing made or something it would be good.

stimmos like rock climbing, (from what i heard) so i would say make a big backing out of expanda foam and have heaps of leaders and hides in the backing and a few on the ground, if you really want, i saw this cool pics of a stimmo on a small termite mound and you could make one.

yea anyway i reackon it would be alright for an adult but stims aren't as big as the others in there group except the pygmys. if ya get him as a hatch keep him in a small container before putting him in that big ttank.

yea, have yeps of leaders and stuff and caves and hides and the odd plant or 2 and i reckon he will be right!

btw in the pics, is that large bit gonna be the tank, or ya knocking all it out and having the hole thing the tank?

cheers,
Luke

Last edited:
Thanks Luke, yeah i know all about Click clacks this is an enclosure for an adult yeah, just a hobby to keep me busy! :D

yeah the middle bit is going to be knocked out and a board is going to be put in horizontally around half way. The upper half is the enclosure lower half will be shelfs. :) sorry

Any1 know what type of ceramic heat emitter wattage i would need for this size enclosure? thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back