Enclosure Hints and Tips

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where you can buy glass tracks from? and also what size runners they come in? I'm wanting to use 6mm glass in the enclosure i'm planning to build...

Try your local glazier- if they're not co-operative- I have no idea where else to go- I've not bought any glass tracks yet.

Need some though- thanks for reminding me to call a glazier!

Sorry I can't help more.

Yeah that's what i was thinking or a hardware store. i have a funny feeling that a glazier will charge like a wounded bull. Let me know how you go if that's coll...

Ultimate Reptiles sells glass tracking. Even in black. Just email them or PM Tim.

instead of flywire or fly 'plastic', use shade cloth, a lot stronger and comes in a range of colours. Aslo noticed silicone has come up a few times but no referance to what sort. use 'Selleys Glass silicone sealent' its the only aquarium safe silicone i have heard of, and if its safe for fish its safe for snakes.

if still having problems with 6mm tracking as i did(picked up a heap of second hand 6mm glass reaaaaaly cheap) Bunnings can special order it for you 4X 3.6m lengths comprimising of 2 top and 2 bottom tracks cost around $90. link http://www.iconplastics.com.au/media/B&P Glass & Screen Door.pdf will give you the product part number you need to quote. Good luck

"My adult Childreni python can get his whole head & about 2 inches of body through a 3mm gap between the sliding glass doors on his enclosure."

EEEEK! 3mm! I better stop at Bunnings on the way home! my coastie is only a baby...thanks for the tip :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back