enclousure ideas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

houdini101

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i have a 5ft spotted python and the enclosure I have it in is far to big its H2160xL900xW600
im basically looking at halving this at the moment at least with a piece of ply board through the
middle with a set of pull out draw hinges so it makes it easy to get out and clean. Now being winter
at the moment he's quite content on just basking in his light so i was looking at incorperating some sort
of landscape into the enclosure for him to explore during summer.More often than not its hot so I was looking at

so bassically im just wanting some ideas on what to in or any websites with ideas
and if any one can tell me anything else i need to think of it would appreciated
below is a picture of the enclousure
attachment.php

Last edited:
I set mine up with a 'natural' element to it. Skittles loves the crevices to climb and the log but also the fact that she can hide behind the clumps of plants I have in there as well. Skittles is about 1.2m and 2 1/2 yrs old.

P1240011.JPGP1240007.JPG

So your just after some landscape ideas? Why not make fake rock wall for back of enclosure and/or fake rocks for bottom of enclosure as well as some fake plants. And tree branches.

So your just after some landscape ideas? Why not make fake rock wall for back of enclosure and/or fake rocks for bottom of enclosure as well as some fake plants. And tree branches.

yer thought of these things but i spose I would like to see what other people have done
so i can get rough idea of where i would like to go with things the oter thing im thinking is weather i have got to much depth in the enclousure

Best thing you can do is trawl through the threads here in DIY where many of us have extensive how too suggestions and some inspiring final products. It's what got me motivated to build the TV cabinet.

Like gruni suggested, check out the DIY threads on here. I just joined a DIY group on here to.
I also checked out YouTube, and it helped me heaps as well. Try search YouTube for things like snake terrarium, terrarium set up, snake enclosure set up ect... There is also how to make videos on there for fake rocks ect

Wow at 2160 H you could make a bank of 4 spotty enclosures or maybe 3, you don't need much height for a spotty, if you went that way you could make 3 different seasonal enclosures and swap him/her around (as long as a stress issue does not occur) down the bottom in winter with a modicum of heat and light in the middle spring/summer with spring type deco's and then up the top for summer/autumn with deco's to match, would look good i reckon. :)...........................................Ron

Best thing you can do is trawl through the threads here in DIY where many of us have extensive how too suggestions and some inspiring final products. It's what got me motivated to build the TV cabinet.

Yep good idea.so many different designs and looks.

Go to beaches after a king tide ! That's where I found my piece of mangrove wood that had stones embedded in it. You also need plants. Get them from your local cheap store, and spray them down with F10 so there are no parasites.
Here is mine :)
View attachment 291298

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back