Escaped Ackie Help.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakes123

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Ok well i hadnt posted it yet, i was waiting to get good photos before i told everyone....but i got an ackie at the Penrith expo afew weeks ago. (Thanks Spongebob)

I loved it, he was so fun to watch and all.

He was set up in a tub in the garage, and i never knew a tub could look so good really.

But yes, today my brother noticed he hadnt been around for a few days. (Its kept at mums house and we are at dads so it was kind of lucky in a way he noticed). So he went all through and he wasnt there.

Well yeah worst thing, hes gone. It wouldnt be as bad if it was inside, but its in a garage! Its fairly big, but the door is mostly open. But im wondering what i can do. And if they can climb bricks etc?

Im really annoyed. I thought i had everything right, i couldnt immagion loosing it. So tomorrow im allowed to go to mums and im going to pull everything out, and there is allot of stuff so im just hoping hes at least hiding in something rather than ran away.

Thanks

Ben

Sorry to hear dude. I'll be very surprised if you find it again. Pythons tend to hang around even for weeks at a time but I reckon a monitor would be gone instantly. I hope I'm wrong though...

Hey I lost an ackie for A few days but it was inside my house. I found him clinging to the screen door. And yeh good luck finding him mate spewing if you don't just make sure you keep the door closed while moving everything. And even check inside of boxes and such.

Cheers, im goiing to go through everything in the garage. I wish i didnt have so much stuff. Im actually sad :( haha well ill search for as long as i can hopes up but as you said sax, dont think i will :(

dont give up hope i lost a beardie for 7 months!!! she was a bit fatter when i got her back..........

Ill search through the garage, but i know that if hes not there he would of jujst gone across the road into the bush.

Can you see how it got out? Tubs are more resistant to escape, so first thing I'd check is the tub again! Sounds like you had it set up nicely so go through everything in there again. I've had a hatchie 'go missing' only to find it tucked into a tiny little spot in a fake rock I didn't even know was there.
Unfortunately, if they get out they can cover a lot of ground. I've had a yearling escape when it figured out it could lift the top opening, wooden lid (impressive little bugger). After 4 hours and 2 rooms later, I found it in the back of a wardrobe.
I hope you find it, good luck.
Oh, and yes, they can climb bricks.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for all of that. I want the day off school now. Im really annoyed i dont know how. But then i havnt searched as it was only today. So im going tomorrow after school and searching, and ill also look at the things in the snclosure to make sure he isnt hiding in anything

u could also try and make a simple trap and bait it for your ackie?

Take the day off mate. More chance of finding him/her then.

Mine hides under its water bowl. There is an area he wedges himself into and you wouldn't even know his there.
Make sure you turn everything over that you pull out of the tub in case it's wedged into a crevice.
Good luck

my mate just had 2 days in hell looking for his loved bluey

he rang straight away last night to tell me it was on a window sill in the laundry.

Not to sure about ackys but try warmer spots of the house? :s

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back