Escapees!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Belinda

Reaction score
As you know I got 2 Leseurs Velvet Geckoes from NPWS. I woke up this morning to find the lid of the enclosure off and the two geckos missing!! My stupid little brother tried to show them to his friend and they jumped out... We found one but I can find the other. I know I have a slim chance of finding the other one, but does anyone have an idea of what to do??

Thanks Heaps!

look in small spaces... and the ceiling haha

hope you find the other one

btw what's the viv like im not sure how to house them, atm ive got mine in a critter cage with paper towel on the floor and a branch across the viv

Block under doors with towels etc, look under, behind and in, literally everything , they climb so it may be on curtains, behind picture etc. It will probly hide wherever it is. with some luck perhaps it will come out [if its still inside] tonite when its dark and quiet? good luck, realistically i dont fancy your chances. :cry:

I've got mine in a 3ft aquarium with fine sand,small water bowl,hides,moist sphagnum moss and a light globe at 1 end.
Every 3rd day I will mist mine and give the sphag moss a bit more moisture when needed.

Bloody things are wild..I wont be handling them..They run like heck.

That sucks. Alittle while ago I came home from the hospital with a really bad case of the flu. I was half concious and stumbled into my snake room. My wife was asleep and for whatever reason I figured it was a good time to change soiled substrate im my baby albino California Kingsnake enclosures. I mustn't have closed the lids and in the morning they were gone. :( I haven't seen them since. I agree with Mystic-definitely shoot your brother.

first you accept these gecko's without knowing how to care for them, then u loose them, and u shouldnt really blame ya bro coz they r ure responsibilty coz u own them, I have been in the same situation my sis once left the lid of my Bredli cage, luckily he was asleep in his hide hehe.
From experience helping my mate looking for northern velvets that escaped in his house Fuscus's idea is great!!

hey BS,
i'm not too sure about the eggs, As i only new about the gravid female 2 hours before she layed her eggs i didn't have time to get the incubator set up.
This meant tht the eggs started to dry out, (as they are known to quite fast). Byt the time i got them to Andrews house they were looking a bit dodgey.
Andrew is going to call me with an update of the eggs. (fingers Crossed)

Good Luck saikrett, let us know how you go mate

brodie leave Belle~Belinda alone she wanted to keep something new and i'm sure she can handle it there not that hard to keep belle go with what fuscas said i had mine escape and thats what i did and i found them all so good luck

Excuse me brodie? How the hell is it my fault?! If you actually read my post it said that my little brother tried to show them to his friend and they escaped so dont you dare blame it on me.

did u read my post!! who owns the animals...u do! so therefore it is ure responsibility!! so yes I am blaming it on you and I would like to see what u r gonna do about it!!. It is ure responsibilty to ensure the animals are safe so you cannot just blame it on your brother!!!! Just like if someone managed to open a cage which housed a dangerous elapid it would be the keepers fault!!. THE ANIMALS ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back