Evil snake...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyric

Reaction score
Just as I think I have all my spottys hide-outs sorted she manages to give me a panic attack by hiding somewhere completely new.

From inside one of her logs to the top of the glass doors (god knows how she manages to get up there) to burying herself in some leaves - this morning she has succeeded in scaring me to death thinking she had escaped. When really she was just underneath the stone water bowl happily curled up asleep. No idea how she managed to get under it though...

I swear to god shes trying to give me a panic attack. How the hell is she managing to get into these odd places - and whats wrong with the two hiding-cave things i got her? =\

Haha mine was the same the other day. I came home to what I thought was an empty enclosure which I was certain was escape proof. She ended up being under the newspaper which is under a layer of kitty litter so you could hardly see the bump. Maybe they just find the right hiding places that have the temps they need

haha if they can hide thats good in a tak imagine the effort in finding ones that do get out:/ it takes FOREVER trust me lol

You are scaring me, my stimson already hides well in a click clack.

whats wrong with the two hiding-cave things i got her? =\

The reason it may be preferring these other places over the hides are they may be more appropriate hiding places. They actually like their hides to be very snug, something that they can touch sides when coiled up. If your hides are too big then it may not feel secure in them, but does in these other tight spaces.

My stimsons does the same. Hides under his waterbowl. Scared the ******** out of me the 1st time.

My olive python has nice hide rock, but he insists on hiding under his newspaper. I remember panicking a few times when my snakes were really small, I thought I'd lost my murray darling which is my favourite, but he was under the newspaper. He was so small then that I had to take out all the paper to find him. One of my snakes was so small that she got out of he tank by squeezing through the gap between the glass doors of the enclosure. I've plugged it up with cardboard now, I was lucky to find her again.

Lol by the sounds of it her freaking me out is just something I'm going to have to get used to...

my room mate thought i was insane... taking everything out of the enclosure completely panicking just to find her under the water bowl

Last edited:
Lol, it'll only last a while, when she grows it'll get much easier to find her. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back