EWD and Southern Angle Head

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_clarke08

Reaction score
Serious question, what problems would arise from keeping Eastern Water Dragons and Southern Angle Headed Dragons together???

Eastern water dragons are MUCH larger than Southern angle-headed dragons, water dragons require a hot basking spot and angles do not (they need cooler ambient temps), enclosure size (it would need to be a large enclosure). But it can be done.

THANKS I have read that blue tongues would be fine with Eastern Water Dragons, I don't see much difference. Except these are dragons not skinks and the more specific requirements of the Southern angle headed dragons. If anybody else has a point of view, I would appreciate hearing it...

The EWD will eat the SAHD if the SAHD dont die of heat exposure. It's not a good combination

Too much heat will kill angle heads, and EWD's like a LOT of heat. I wouldn't do it. Pretty sure you can keep Beardies and water dragons together in a nice big enclosure

Temperature requirements are too different for the EWD and Beardies, and beardies are far better off by themselves. If the EWD won't eat a blue tongue, then why would they eat a SAHD??? and since the temperature requirements of the EWD and SAHD are quite similar I am still unconvinced that it is a bad idea.

Temperature requirements are too different for the EWD and Beardies, and beardies are far better off by themselves. If the EWD won't eat a blue tongue, then why would they eat a SAHD??? and since the temperature requirements of the EWD and SAHD are quite similar I am still unconvinced that it is a bad idea.

You have things around the wrong way. EWD's and Eastern beardies thrive at the same temps. SAHD will die if kept at the temps water dragons like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back