EWD getting aggressive?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DisturbedDave

Reaction score
Last night n tonight one of my EWD's has started jumping on the back of another, opening mouth as in preparing to bite.
So far I believe these both to be female, but may be too early to tell.
Is this a sign of aggression? Or is it possible these are male n female? The one jumping on the other seems to be puffing it's throat out, as per photo. One on the right is the jumper, left is the jumpee.
ty2aqu5e.jpg

I haven't been in the game that long but from all that I've read & learnt it seems that lizards don't actually play... When it comes to the reptile world It's all about dominating or being dominated...

The only other option, which I'm crossing my fingers for, is the one on the right is a male, and is acting like a teenage boy, trying to get a bit of action. Here's hoping! I don't want to have to separate

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

The only other option, which I'm crossing my fingers for, is the one on the right is a male, and is acting like a teenage boy, trying to get a bit of action. Here's hoping! I don't want to have to separate

Keep us posted buddy... Interested to see how this plays out... For the best I hope :)

Keep us posted buddy... Interested to see how this plays out... For the best I hope :)

Things seemed to have settled down a bit in there, none of them are being chased around, and all three are out and about and actively basking. There was no physical damage done to any of the dragons, so all good! I'll still be keeping an eye on them.

So it's started again, the same one is dominating and agressing the other two. I think I will be separating it, most likely off to a new home. Great little dragon, but I won't risk the health of the other two.

- - - Updated - - -

Even though things seemed to have calmed down now, I'm worried the situation will arise again, so to avoid potential harm to the other two, I am making the unfortunate decision to remove the instigator.
I'd like to see this dragon go to a good home where it's requirements are met, and it will be well looked after, as it has been with me, so this will go to a good home for FREE.
I am in the western suburbs of Melbourne, and sorry, I'm not willing to freight.
Please PM me if interested.

Hey Dave how's the situation going now buddy? I've just started hand feeding my lil guy & he's settled down 2fold... They never cease to amaze me...

Hey Danny.
There is no longer any bickering between them, all three are living in harmony again. Leading me to believe it was in fact sexual showmanship of sorts. I still stand by if someone can give the bigger of the three a good home, I may let it go, but at the moment there is no urgency.
The smaller one I believed wasn't eating as much, but after witnessing today's effort (possibly helped by the two hours they spent in the sun in their sunning enclosure), I now believe it just isn't a fast grower.

As far as handling, they still aren't a fan, but day by day they are getting less jumpy, although still having their 'don't look at me' moments.

Hey Danny.
There is no longer any bickering between them, all three are living in harmony again. Leading me to believe it was in fact sexual showmanship of sorts. I still stand by if someone can give the bigger of the three a good home, I may let it go, but at the moment there is no urgency.
The smaller one I believed wasn't eating as much, but after witnessing today's effort (possibly helped by the two hours they spent in the sun in their sunning enclosure), I now believe it just isn't a fast grower.

As far as handling, they still aren't a fan, but day by day they are getting less jumpy, although still having their 'don't look at me' moments.

Ok nice... Yeah man I know that look... I'm glad they settling down & may of just been a show of dominance & forming a hierarchy of sorts.. I got to spend a good part of the day with mine today.. You can definitely notice the changes in them & the trust forming as they get older... It's quite rewarding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back