EWD's moved house today :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

africancichlidau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Today I moved the Eastern Water Dragon trio to the outdoor enclosure, (my turtle enclosure for those of you who have seen it or pics). I have done this with a certain amount of fear as to the outcome but have been told that everything should be OK. It was a case of either move them outside or sell them as the room available for them indoors was just not enough. They seem to be loving it so far, especially the large, high branches and the much larger body of water they now have. What are peoples thought on how they will fare, 1/. in the Melbourne climate, and, 2/. in the same enclosure as a couple of Eastern Longnecks? Would appreciate anyones input on this.

If the ewd's spend any time just basking in the water the eln's may well get intrested in toes and tail tips. If they dont stay still in the water they should be fine. both species share habs in the wild so its not unusual. im betting they will ignore each other and be just fine. :D

african can you keep me posted as to how they go i was looking at building an outdoor enclosure for my lil fellas when the finally get here

Phil, I know heaps of ppl here in Wagga that keep them in outside enclosures. I gets just as cold here, so I reckon you'll be right.

I know one guy that keeps them with turtles too and I haven't noticed any missing toes or tails on his EWD's. They are big dragons though.

Thanks mate, I have put a poly box in there that I have rigged a couple of 40W globes in that I switch on at night so at least they have a refuge if they need it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back