Excrement ID (Poo)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

falconboy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Nice title, hey!

Anyway, wondering if anyone can tell me what this poopies belongs to?

The only animals I know of in the yard are rodents attracted to the aviary (lucky no snakes so far!) and possums. I didn't think it looked like either of these as I was under the impression they all do single 'nuggets' all over the place, not clumps like these.

Note the 'hair' underneath it is actually dead grass from when I mowed the lawn and not part of the poo.

Thanks

Attachments

• unknownpoo.jpg
    unknownpoo.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 146
You want my bank account details too? LOL :lol:

I know why you are asking though - I'm not right near the bush or anything. My yard generally wouldn't have anything not fairly common to suburban backyards, I would not think. Thats why I was interested in what it might be.....

looks like cane toad poopies to me and i only say that cause they do it in my laundry all the time but who knows, it's a poo.

I've got no idea but if you were to break it up a bit and see what it consists of, it might narrow things down a bit.

Measure it both ways and have a good wiff (crack it in half if you can) and tell me how it smells.

that would be interesting, break it up and see what it consists of .pieces of bone and whatever else it cannot digest.

hahaha falconboy you have to know if anything will make ppl laugh it's poo and farts, you kinda asked for it hehehe ;)

could be possum poo?? If it had little bits of claws or bones then it could be a fox..
im interested to find out what it is?.?

Well I appreciate your interest in scats and how these can be used to indicate the present of various animals. I remember years ago whwn visiting a botanical gardens in Java we went night torching and saw lot of beasties. In the morning I was investigating a fresh scat, wondering what large mammal had produced this. After some enquiries it became clear is was one of the gardeners 'night toilet'. For us in the western world we forget that to have privacy to do the daily dump it is necessary to get up before dawn.
Getting back to the scat in question I think it may be seasonal. Looks like reindeer to me!
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back