exo terra heat rock

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

milkyway

Reaction score
hello

im new to this forum so i hope i post this in the right place. i have a cunningham skink in a 3ft aquarium and am using a heat rock, i only bought it a month ago and now it will not heat at all and the company i bought it from are not being very helpful, but i was reading on the net that heat rocks are not a good idea anyway cause they tend to malfunction. has anyone had any trouble with heat rocks, are they a good idea and should i buy a heat pad and heat lamp instead, i have a reptile fluro for sunlight so i need to only get heat ideas. please help me

I had a similar problem with the same brand. I have also used Zoo med brand and NEVER had a problem, they only ever get to about 35-37 degrees and I have never had a reptile get burnt in the 4 years of using them.

i have been using heat rocks for over 6 years. and have never ever received any problems with any of the brands i have been using. i have never used them for lizards/dragons though.
all my hatchy/juvi snakes use them and love them.

I too have been having problems with that particular brand of heat rock. Have had 4 of them go kaput in the last 6 months, and the problem is - so I have been told - is that there is no warranty on them. ( the local pet shop exchanged one for me before we discovered that they had no warranty) We have changed to a cheaper brand called resun and seen to be having no problems at all.
ian _davo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back