Extreme make over completed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is incredible, very professional Job. What did you use for the back rock wall? Excellent work. Very Jealous!!!

Looks awesome!

Would love to do something like that. You have to be proud and I'm sure the diamonds love it!

AMAZING WORK FULL STOP.
A video of the using it would be cool to watch
But Geeee the time you spent on it was all worth it.

How much did it cost all up? If you don't mind

Looking good mate, thanks for the link to the steps before. BTW I doubt your lizards would be safe against the snakes lol unless you kept them very well fed.

Surprised the snakes haven't tried to take out the turtles yet either. I can't get over how awesome that looks. Must of taken a few weekends to pull together.

great work dusty ,now you should move from the dog house to the exellent snake house /unless thats of the same calibre:)

How much did it cost all up? If you don't mind

sorry I couldn't even guess how much it cost as it was spread over sooo long, but it would end up in the high hundreds I guess:- Foam -free, at least 6 bags of grout @ $29.00 ea, 8 bags of cement @ $9.00 ea, 4 tins of expander foam @ $16.00 ea, pond free from a friend, pond liner $50.00, paint mistints from bunnings about $100, woodchips @$28.00, 4 tubes of Silicon @ $9.00, hose (layirng around house, so free) Bucket for filter , pump for pond, fake plans, real plants and lots and lots of liquid nails. and the list goes on and on............

Howdy Dusty,

Fantastic looking project. No doubt the result of endless hours in a labour of love!

I think the thing that peaked my interest the most is the vines in terms of your approach and the result. Could you give an indication of the process you went through with regards to spreading the silicone and coco fibres on there? I would like to attempt to replicate the vines on a smaller scale and any benefit of your experience that you could share would be really appreciated.

Also, how wide was the ledge that the lovely looking diamond python is curled up on in one of the photos? I am building an enclosure for my diamond for when it is bigger and would like to have an appropriately sized basking point. Again, any tips would be very welcomed.

Thanks and regards,
TF.

Howdy Dusty,

Fantastic looking project. No doubt the result of endless hours in a labour of love!

I think the thing that peaked my interest the most is the vines in terms of your approach and the result. Could you give an indication of the process you went through with regards to spreading the silicone and coco fibres on there? I would like to attempt to replicate the vines on a smaller scale and any benefit of your experience that you could share would be really appreciated.

Also, how wide was the ledge that the lovely looking diamond python is curled up on in one of the photos? I am building an enclosure for my diamond for when it is bigger and would like to have an appropriately sized basking point. Again, any tips would be very welcomed.

Thanks and regards,
TF.

Thanks TF,

With the vines I simply hanged them in place with scews and washers as bare and clean hose then smeered silicone over a 2 foot section at a time, had a large container with the peat in it held under the wet silicone while i patted the peat onto the wet silicon ensureing it was all over the hose and then left it to dry. Then the next day I patched up any bare hose still showing and rapped some smaller hose (air tubing for fish tanks) aroundsome os the the larger hose with some more silicon to hold it in place. The vines have been in the avairy for over a month now with plenty of use and no wear is showing at this stage.
The ledge is about 35 cm wide and in the sun and is one their favourate spots...

Cheers Dusty

Thanks for the response Dusty. Very much appreciated. That basking spot just looks like it would be a great spot for them too. Nice and high up with lovely direct sunlight. I imagine you must get an enormous amount of satisfaction just looking out on the fruits of your labours. From the photos, it looks like it shows off your animals really well too.

Thanks for the tips on both counts. I hope to put them to good use very soon!

Regards,
TF.

your enclosure looks awesome. i was wondering wat sort of plants u have used in there and in the pond. and if they are safe to have around turtles and dragons. cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back