• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

F10 SC XD 200ml

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

falconboy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I wanted to buy some F10 disinfectant but want the SC XD type, but it isn't available in anything smaller than 1 litre. (The XD has a cleaner in it as well as disinfectant, so is a great alternative to all those spray cleaners around the house as well as your herps, which is what I intent to use it for).

However, I don't need a litre of concentrate, so am offering get a big bottle and bottle up a few 200mls smaller bottles if anyone is in the same boat and would like the SC XD version. We all win that way and I'm willing to do all the work!

I can get the 200ml bottles to you for $28 delivered.

Payment by paypal (+$2 for fees) or bank deposit.

You will just have to give me time to get the big bottle delivered, find 200ml bottles to repack for you and send them off.

Remember, a 200ml concentrate made up at 1:500 works out at 28c per litre of usable solution!!! (if my maths is any good)

I only need 2-4 people to make it worth while, but if I get more I'll just get more than 1 big bottle and do it for you at the same time, nothing better to do!

Anyway, PM me if your interested (otherwise I'll have enough F10 to last til I'm 80!!)

i use my F10 up at the end of every second month by filling up the bath and mixing 1:500 until the bottle is empty and giving all my equipment hooks, holding bins, pooper scoopers ect:
just becuase i do suspect it would lose effectiveness after a given time. i will pm u falconboy at the end of the month and if u still need some people i will take up the oppertunity

Heres more info than you'll ever need. Except no mention of shelf life, but only mix a spray bottle worth at a time and it should be fine within the time its used. In its concentrated form I can't see there being a problem at all. Email the manufacturers at www.chemicalessentials.com.au if you need any info. I know as much as you do!

i use my F10 up at the end of every second month by filling up the bath and mixing 1:500 until the bottle is empty and giving all my equipment hooks, holding bins, pooper scoopers ect:
just becuase i do suspect it would lose effectiveness after a given time. i will pm u falconboy at the end of the month and if u still need some people i will take up the oppertunity

You mean you use up all your CONCENTRATE every second month? Or just your made up stuff?

yeh i use all the concerntrate lol
i just figure better to be safe than sorry and i only ever have about 50ml left anyway after two months

I've emailed chemical essentials re shelf life. Will let you know the reply. But pretty sure they will say that its at least a few weeks for made up solution, and a LOOONG time for the concentrate.

F10 has a shelf life of about 2 years however an amount of this will be used up before you get it, expect about 18 odd months.

This shelf life applies to both diluted and undiluted F10 however geckodan has stated:

We discard all of our stored RTU disinfectants after 2 weeks as a matter of routine so that we are always using the "freshest" batch that it is economical to use. If the manufacturer states longer then go for it. Personally, I am not going to risk the health of your animal for the sake of saving a few bucks by dragging it out longer and possibly using a product of lower potentcy.

And my reply

Probably the key thing I've noticed is smell and irritation. F10 at Further to my previous posts on the lifespan of diluted F10, everything read and heard says that diluted F10 can be stored up to the entire lifespan of the product. The chemical properties of F10 are similar to that of water and is rated for veterinary use for 2 years after production. Unlike Virkon its strngth does not fade when diluted over a few weeks.

Just offering assistance falconboy, I assume you will be writing the expiry date on the new bottles based on the larger bottle you get.

Re: F10 shelf life and rebottling

G'day all,

Some clarification on this if anyone is interested: F10SC and F10XD have 2 yr shelf lives from manufacture, as mentioned above it would probably be slightly less than that when you receive a bottle. However, as the products are extremely stable the diluted product also retains all of its efficacy for a long time - retention sample testing has been performed all the way out to 1 year with no reduction in kill rates etc. If you are going to make up a batch that will last this long, you need to keep the container sealed after mixing to prevent any dust or organic matter from getting in as too much of this may reduce lifespan. Generally I'd agree with Geckodan though, and don't make up too much at a time - maybe a month or so's worth.

Also for Falconboy - we don't recommend or condone rebottling of F10 as this flies in the face of good manufacturing principles and can affect quality control. If you are going to do it anyway, make sure you are using new bottles to prevent potential chemical reactions that may effect how the F10 works, and ensure you have the batch number and expiry date on all the bottles you refill.

Cheers,

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back