Family cat found cut to pieces

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Australis

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Family cat found cut to pieces
06:00 AEST Mon Nov 10 2008
By ninemsn staff

Family's pet cat has been found cut to pieces at a Queensland primary school, sparking a search for the killers who may have used a chainsaw to commit the gruesome crime.

Horrified students found the remains of four-year-old Basil last week at Northview State Primary School in Mackay.

Basil's devastated owner, 22-year-old Kylie Matthews, said he was "the perfect pet".

"He really was a part of the family," the Courier Mail quoted her as saying.

The autopsy results found that the cuts were "clean" suggesting Basil's was attacked by a human and sliced with a saw or knife, according to the family.

However it was not known if the cat was butchered before or after its death.

Mackay police are investigating the grisly attack.

RSPCA spokesman Michael Beatty said acts of cruelty towards animals must be treated seriously.

"Torturing an animal is only one step away from torturing a human — the links have been clearly established."

Ms Matthews, who bought her pet as a kitten, is determined to see the killers brought to justice.

"What type of sick person unleashes that brutality on a helpless animal? I just want the police to find the people who did this," she said.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=662849

I know the girl, she's devastated to say the least. Poor school kids that found it :shock:

Sick. I just don't get why people do it? :cry:

Makes you wonder if it is a copy cat of the puppy torture? Is the fact they release all the details of the cruelty giving people ideas?

Seriously what the hell is wrong with people! This makes me so angry :evil:

These type of stories are becoming all to common lately =\ i wonder if it's increasing or just the media in a frenzy over these type of things.

What i found annoying is the talk of a police investigation and comment
from the RSPCA, seems a tad extreme.
As meanwhile you can slaughter a snake and get your name and photo in
the local rag with out any repercussions..?

Unload a shot gun on a snake, and your the fearless local hero, do the same
to a cat and your one step away from torturing a human! :lol: got to love it!

Im not condoning mammal torture, but geez gimme a break.

A story like that truly sickens me, there are some seriously demented people out there in this world. Animal cruelty like this is one of the lowest acts a human can do...Does an act like this make whoever did it feel like a real powerful person? How would they feel being tortured and cut into pieces by something 10 times bigger and stronger than themselves? I truly hope they find these mongrels and prosecute them to the full extent of the law!!:evil:

Would it not be great if the killing of all animals were treated in this manner?

Yes the general public needs to be educated on snakes, and many other animals that are killed for ignorant reasons, but we alredy knew that. The difference is most people think misguidedly, they are doing the right thing by killing snakes, i don't know anyone who thinks chopping up family pets is a good thing to do.

I don't see how it makes someone chopping up a cat with a chainsaw any less horrific?

Chopping up snakes or cats, or torturing any animal for that matter, its all wrong. :evil:

Well what can i say the human race never fails to dissapoint.

This is cruel and disgracefull.

I dont know how any normal person can not be a misanthropist i know i clearly am.

It has to be stated. Wouldn't have happened if the cat had been kept indoors where it should have been. If you want to be an irresponsible pet owner, be prepared for the consequences.

It is disgraceful, but how did the person get the cat?
Had it not been roaming the streets this person wouldnt ahve gotten it....
Think about that for a minute....

Im not saying it got what it deserverd....
Just another "keep your cats contained" thats all...

EDIT: Posted at the same time! SNAP! hehe

I 100% agree it should have been confined, but that does not excuse the torture this animal went through.

Yeah, maybe the perpetrators chopped it up with a shovel, fearing for their lives.... If thats the case surely thats OK then????

If they don't know whether the cat was alive or dead before being mutilated, how can they call it torture?

Ill be honest here, ive never put a chainsaw through flesh (its on my to do list), but im finding it
hard to imagine doing so would leave "clean" cuts! :|

Exactly Austy. Yes, gruesome and cruel on the cat killing for sure. But yesterday i had to sit and listen to a bunch of rednecks tell me how they shot a black snake and when i told them i thought they were full of **** they brought the carcass in and it was a 2.5 metre carpet python. They all thought they were pretty tough and funny. Tell that story to the RSPCA and they ask for proof etc. but they go all out for a mammal.

Thats really horrible!!! Makes me sick to think of it as I have 2 cats and would likely do a lot of damage to anyone who ever harmed them - but in saying that there is no way any one could get them as they are total indoor cats! which leads me to the comment I have said on here a million times cats are indoor pets only!!! for their own safety and more importantly the safety of our native wildlife!!

Ill be honest here, ive never put a chainsaw through flesh (its on my to do list), but im finding it
hard to imagine doing so would leave "clean" cuts! :|

Don't do it Austy, it's a bugger to clean out of the chain and long fured animals jamb the whole thing up.

I think many on this site would know how i feel about cats but i would have to disagree with you on this. This is a pet, not a wild animal that can potentially kill you, killing a snake with a shotgun is perfectly humane and safe(even legal in many cases), cutting up a cat while its possibly still alive isnt comparable at all. Torturing a cat(Assuming it was alive when cut up) is distubing and you would have to have real problems to be able to do something like that, comparing with torturing humans is quite valid. I also didnt see anything to say whether or not it was taken from the owners property or not, if it was wandering and killed humanely it isnt really a big deal to me, but i dont really think that is too likely.

It does sort of look like they are psychos, but its a bit hard to say just looking at an article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back