Family cat found cut to pieces

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly Austy. Yes, gruesome and cruel on the cat killing for sure. But yesterday i had to sit and listen to a bunch of rednecks tell me how they shot a black snake and when i told them i thought they were full of **** they brought the carcass in and it was a 2.5 metre carpet python. They all thought they were pretty tough and funny. Tell that story to the RSPCA and they ask for proof etc. but they go all out for a mammal.

Its about the equivilant of reporting someone for animal cruelty if they go fishing and leave the fish alive after capture instead of donking them on the head. Most ppl dont care about snakes or fish and this is reflected by the RSPCA. They only really care about things the general public do, we are a minority and i can understand why they dont care about snakes much(not saying it is right, just being realistic).

Don't do it Austy, it's a bugger to clean out of the chain and long fured animals jamb the whole thing up.

Its ok if you use the top of the blade, most of the stuff just flies away ;)

I think many on this site would know how i feel about cats but i would have to disagree with you on this. This is a pet, not a wild animal that can potentially kill you, killing a snake with a shotgun is perfectly humane and safe(even legal in many cases), cutting up a cat while its possibly still alive isnt comparable at all.

Yes i know its not the perfect comparison cris, i concede that.

But ill state publicly right now for the record, i fear for my life
every single time i see a feline roaming the streets or bush
i live in constant fear that if at any stage i fall asleep while
driving , walking or even doing the shopping a cat might spot
me snoozing and smoother me, these things are killers.

Due to my fear, i must kill any free roaming cat i encounter
its a case of kill or be killed.

A couple of nights ago i was driving home and noticed the
usual road signs warning of the dangers of drivers fatigue
and no surprise a cat was lurking in the area just waiting for
a tired driver to pull into the rest stop! :| ;)

One question, what the hell is going on in Mackay. The puppy that was tortured and hacked to death was from there too, or am i just imagining it.

im to scared to read it

these thing make me sick, i hope the person who did it rotts in a jail cell for the rest of the lives

What i found annoying is the talk of a police investigation and comment
from the RSPCA, seems a tad extreme.
As meanwhile you can slaughter a snake and get your name and photo in
the local rag with out any repercussions..?

Unload a shot gun on a snake, and your the fearless local hero, do the same
to a cat and your one step away from torturing a human! :lol: got to love it!

Im not condoning mammal torture, but geez gimme a break.

The only way we can change this Australia, is to speak together, as one voice, in protest every time a reptile is treated the same way. Address the government and local MP'S EVERY time it happens, perhaps we could get something together on this site to put that into effect............... unity of many makes for a stronger voice, and if we speak up every time something happens, we will be heard! The problem with the mainstream community is that mammals (not just cats) are warm-blooded, furry and 'cute', and lovable, they respond to us, unlike a reptile, which is geared for survival, not interacting with humans!

We see reptiles as wonderful, graceful, and beautiful, but it's not a view shared by as many in the community as the view of furry animals is!!!

Anyone got any ideas on how we can get everyone here together (and friends and families too if poss), to create that voice, and set up a way to bring cruelty to reptiles to the same standing as to the cruelty to mammals???????

Anyone????

I find this both disturbing and alarming.

I would not be suprised if there is a person (or persons) out there 'practicing' until they are confident enough to move onto doing the same to people.

I find this both disturbing and alarming.

I would not be suprised if there is a person (or persons) out there 'practicing' until they are confident enough to move onto doing the same to people.

Agree 100% - although if they are caught now nothing will happen to them but then in years to come when they or he/she has stepped up to a human and been caught they will look back and see a history of animal abuse.

It's no suprise at all that some of the serial murderers used to kill dogs and cats when they were younger, anyone watch " A night with the Ice Man", I love the CI channel.

Too bad the RSPCA and or Police don't agree with you.

Yes it is.

I think many on this site would know how i feel about cats but i would have to disagree with you on this. This is a pet, not a wild animal that can potentially kill you, killing a snake with a shotgun is perfectly humane and safe(even legal in many cases), cutting up a cat while its possibly still alive isnt comparable at all. Torturing a cat(Assuming it was alive when cut up) is distubing and you would have to have real problems to be able to do something like that, comparing with torturing humans is quite valid. I also didnt see anything to say whether or not it was taken from the owners property or not, if it was wandering and killed humanely it isnt really a big deal to me, but i dont really think that is too likely.

It does sort of look like they are psychos, but its a bit hard to say just looking at an article.

The fact they cut it up (whether alive or dead), hosed it off and then dumped it on a primary school oval for little kids to find is pretty sick.

I don't like cats, never have. But NO animal deserves that, snake, cat, or other.

One question, what the hell is going on in Mackay. The puppy that was tortured and hacked to death was from there too, or am i just imagining it.

The puppy was in Moranbah, 200kms west of Mackay...

The only way we can change this Australia, is to speak together, as one voice, in protest every time a reptile is treated the same way. Address the government and local MP'S EVERY time it happens, perhaps we could get something together on this site to put that into effect............... unity of many makes for a stronger voice, and if we speak up every time something happens, we will be heard! The problem with the mainstream community is that mammals (not just cats) are warm-blooded, furry and 'cute', and lovable, they respond to us, unlike a reptile, which is geared for survival, not interacting with humans!

We see reptiles as wonderful, graceful, and beautiful, but it's not a view shared by as many in the community as the view of furry animals is!!!

Anyone got any ideas on how we can get everyone here together (and friends and families too if poss), to create that voice, and set up a way to bring cruelty to reptiles to the same standing as to the cruelty to mammals???????

Anyone????

No idea, but totally agree.

]

It does say "animals" which would include snakes not just cats.

Most rapists probably start out trying to seduce women with charm. Most stalkers probably try to ask their victim out and then get rejected.

If you see a guy showing interest in a woman, make sure you report him because he is a future sex offender and must be dealt with by the law.

Kill a toad and you're a conservationist. Kill a snake and you're a hero. Kill a mosquito and you're normal. Kill a cat (worse vermin than the others put together) and you're 'known to be a step away from torturing humans to death'! :shock:

If you see animals with empathetic eyes (as most of us do), torturing an animal is very much like being a step away from doing it to a person. Many people just don't see animals in the same way they see people. Just like none of us here would feel weird about cutting up a plant but would never want to cut up a live animal, some people think nothing of doing it to an animal but would never ever dream of doing it to a person. Fisherman torture fish to death (let them die slowly over several hours after being caught), but most people laugh at or are extremely offended by anyone who suggests this is cruel (for the record, I kill any fish I catch immediately and would feel distressed if I see one slowly dying).

Keep your cat inside (better yet, don't have one at all) and these people will amuse themselves by doing something other than killing them. Incidentally, cats routinely torture animals to death, and allowing a cat to be outside means you are causing many animals to be tortured to death each year, so really, the cat owners are far more guilty than the misguided kid who killed the unfortunate cat, and that kid actually reduced the amount of suffering animals will have to endure. Amazing that a cat owner who chooses to allow their cat to roam outside has the nerve to accuse anyone else of animal cruelty!

Most rapists probably start out trying to seduce women with charm. Most stalkers probably try to ask their victim out and then get rejected.

If you see a guy showing interest in a woman, make sure you report him because he is a future sex offender and must be dealt with by the law.

Kill a toad and you're a conservationist. Kill a snake and you're a hero. Kill a mosquito and you're normal. Kill a cat (worse vermin than the others put together) and you're 'known to be a step away from torturing humans to death'! :shock:

If you see animals with empathetic eyes (as most of us do), torturing an animal is very much like being a step away from doing it to a person. Many people just don't see animals in the same way they see people. Just like none of us here would feel weird about cutting up a plant but would never want to cut up a live animal, some people think nothing of doing it to an animal but would never ever dream of doing it to a person. Fisherman torture fish to death (let them die slowly over several hours after being caught), but most people laugh at or are extremely offended by anyone who suggests this is cruel (for the record, I kill any fish I catch immediately and would feel distressed if I see one slowly dying).

Keep your cat inside (better yet, don't have one at all) and these people will amuse themselves by doing something other than killing them. Incidentally, cats routinely torture animals to death, and allowing a cat to be outside means you are causing many animals to be tortured to death each year, so really, the cat owners are far more guilty than the misguided kid who killed the unfortunate cat, and that kid actually reduced the amount of suffering animals will have to endure. Amazing that a cat owner who chooses to allow their cat to roam outside has the nerve to accuse anyone else of animal cruelty!

^^^ a bit OTT :?

the person who did this, not just killed an animal, they went beyond killing, worries me that you think they did a public service "cat owners are far more guilty than the misguided kid who killed the unfortunate cat"
The fact that someone could perform this act is what the public is worried about, what will they do next for thrills. It was a brutal senseless act, would still be a brutal senseless act if performed on a dog, a horse, a snake or even a human.

^^^ a bit OTT :?

the person who did this, not just killed an animal, they went beyond killing, worries me that you think they did a public service "cat owners are far more guilty than the misguided kid who killed the unfortunate cat"
The fact that someone could perform this act is what the public is worried about, what will they do next for thrills. It was a brutal senseless act, would still be a brutal senseless act if performed on a dog, a horse, a snake or even a human.

Sure, they cut the thing up, although whether that was before or after it was dead is unclear (yet everyone wants to assume it was before). Cutting up a dead animal isn't horrific. I consider myself to be very compassionate when it comes to animal welfare and I've cut up countless dead animals. It's possible a car hit the cat and these people just cut it up afterwards to freak people out. You'll probably cry about that being unlikely, etc etc, but hey, it's just as likely as them having tortured it to death rather than having killed it then cut it up (which is probably what did happen).

Of course it would be bad if performed on a dog, horse, snake or human. Did I dispute that? Did anyone? I even went as far as saying that I find it distressing when it is done to fish, which most people would think makes me quite extreme in the 'bleeding heart' direction.

Please, take back your accusation of me having said these people performed a public service. I said no such thing. The owners of the cat are grieving, the community is shocked, etc etc, I understand that. I and am very offended that you would throw such an accusation at me, which I take quite seriously. If I say that killing a cat which is allowed outdoors will reduce the amount of suffering which animals go through, it does not mean that no other affect of the event exists. If I say that the people who let cats roam outside are causing many animals to be tortured to death, it doesn't mean I'm making any statement about what anyone should do about it, and I'd appreciate it if you did not put words into my mouth. The fact that one thing is worse than another does not make the first thing okay. This is a topic which people take very seriously, and putting words into someone's mouth in this way is extremely poor form. I do not condone animal cruelty and would never describe it as a public service! The fact that this kid reduced the amount of suffering animals will endure does not make the act okay and I simply did not say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back