Family cat found cut to pieces

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fish like tuna, salmon, trout, luderick especially, but any fish will have its table qualities significantly enhanced by bleeding when you kill it. You've got to do it while its alive to allow the fish to die by lack of blood pressure. Its less relevant for many types of fish if you're going to eat them immediately, but it'll significantly improve the table qualities of any fish you freeze or refrigerate for later.

If you brain the fish, you foul the flesh because the fish can't bleed out fully.

I've never caught tuna or 'real' salmon, but I usually kill trout on the spot and cook them on the fire, or sometimes later that day. Maybe I'm not getting the full flavour of my trout, but the idea of bleeding to death doesn't appeal to me, so I don't think I'll bother (and yeah, to be honest, I'm also too lazy to bleed it to death :p ).

Argh, trout! I must go fishing!

jessb: I think you're absolutely spot on. It's a completely obvious thing which people seem to miss.

Things like this, and stories like Metal_Jazz's (sorry to single you out, you were just most recent) are pretty traumatic to hear about. Do we really get much out of dwelling on the gory details?

Dipcdame: I can't recall talking about cats on this site for ages, and in this case I'm not even really talking about cats, I'm more interested in other issues. The 'we hate cats' record will be played by many people, it will never stop, because some people really do get upset when countless animals are tortured to death because of human ignorance and stupidity. I'd rather see you get over people getting upset about animal torture than people getting over the torture, so in your own words, get over it.

jessb: I think you're absolutely spot on. It's a completely obvious thing which people seem to miss.

Lol, now that I think about it, it reminds me of my mum's attitude to recreational drug use... Yes, most smackies probably started out smoking pot, but that isn't to say that all pot smokers will eventually start shooting up heroin!!! :rolleyes::lol:

i think leaving the cat in a school yard for young kids to find is pretty wrong and its not the cats fault that the owners are irresponsible and snakes being killed is even worse imo.
i have three cats and they are all inside cats but i think that there would be less than half of cat owners that keep them indoors. I agree that people should have to get licenses to own cats but that will never happen.
feral cats should be eraticated and so should irresponsible owners but things like this will always upset people feral cat or not cutting an animal up dead or alive for the fun of it is pretty sickening i think even if the cat chould not be outside. a cat ran out in front of the car the other week i rushed it to the vets but it died anyway i felt terrible over that for days and it wasn't even my fault like i said cutting it up for the sake of it is pretty sick but leaving it for young primary school kids to find is the the worrying part to me. The owner of this cat should feel pretty guilty and as Sdaji said is really creating animal cruelty herself

Last edited:
The 'we hate cats' record will be played by many people, it will never stop, because some people really do get upset when countless animals are tortured to death because of human ignorance and stupidity. I'd rather see you get over people getting upset about animal torture than people getting over the torture, so in your own words, get over it.

So, because we like and own cats we are ignorant and stupid????
Yes I get extremely upset at the prospect of animals of any size being tortured, but I think you'll find human nature is just the same as cats with some people, in fact, worse, now, how about keeping THEM confined too??

i just don't want to imagine it.

and imagine your beloved pet that you had, had for the last four years, found in bits.:cry:

Will

well i dislike cats that are left outdoors. it is the owners responsibility of the cat, keeping an eye on it. im not saying what happened was right in any way, but i agree with the idea that it could have been avoided with the cats owner being responsible, and keeping the little native torturer indoors! cats can happily be kept inside, with enrichment and some excersize under careful watch and lead each week, and the cat is fine, and the native fauna is fine!! and i will say that i have said i hate cats in the past, and most of the time i still do say that!! but even so, i would own one, they can be very affectionate and a great pet to keep, if KEPT PROPERLY and RESPONSIBLY.....

JMO
Nat ;)

"and imagine your beloved pet that you had, had for the last four years, found in bits."

Imagine those kiddies who did find the cat in the school yard.

Clean cuts are not the work of alcohol fueled kids succumbing to peer pressure. To purposely place the body in a public arena indicates this person has some very serious issues.

Yes I get extremely upset at the prospect of animals of any size being tortured, but I think you'll find human nature is just the same as cats with some people, in fact, worse, now, how about keeping THEM confined too??

It's not that you are ignorant or stupid, just that you let your desire get in the way of common sense.

Cat owners just don't seem to understand. Cats themselves do what they were meant to do.
The same people that have come out in defence of cats in general (disregarding all the isolated sensationalist media cat torture stories etc), also supported the importation of Savannahs.

It's not that you are ignorant or stupid, just that you let your desire get in the way of common sense.

Cat owners just don't seem to understand. Cats themselves do what they were meant to do.
The same people that have come out in defence of cats in general (disregarding all the isolated sensationalist media cat torture stories etc), also supported the importation of Savannahs.

Generalised statements aren't a good idea, if you check the thread in question, you'll find that I came out dead set against it?

Point to ponder, in comparison to cats, however, may be worth considering in the following links:

http://www.petnet.com.au/dcue/chapt10/chapt10_page1.htm

http://www.mja.com.au/public/issues/aug4/thompson/thompson.html

http://www.busselton.wa.gov.au/news/media+release+20080813

http://www.nisu.flinders.edu.au/pubs/shortreps/canines.html

Last edited:
The cat shouldn't be roaming, but to say that justifies this is akin to sayingthat a woman walking the streets alone deserve/or should expect to be raped. Or that a child abducted from the streets should have been safely at home.

Whether tis was some sicko, or a group of kids/adolescents trying to outdo each other the fact is it is sick and disgusting (whether the cat was dead or alive) - particularly as it was left in school grouds for children to find.

Fish like tuna, salmon, trout, luderick especially, but any fish will have its table qualities significantly enhanced by bleeding when you kill it. You've got to do it while its alive to allow the fish to die by lack of blood pressure. Its less relevant for many types of fish if you're going to eat them immediately, but it'll significantly improve the table qualities of any fish you freeze or refrigerate for later.

If you brain the fish, you foul the flesh because the fish can't bleed out fully.

Its getting a little off topic, but cant you just bleed them immediately and put them on ice? thats what i do and they taste pretty good. Short of mashing the fishes head, bleeding isnt really that inhumane compared to other options.

Speak for yourself buddy, I have a cat and I guess I like it, but I'm not stupid. I wouldn't never let my cat roam outside. She can go out everynow and then on one of them extendable leads in the yard whilst someone else is out there... Thats it. Deffinatley think the cat people should get over saying "you hate cats get over it" if you want to be part of a reptile forum you have to deal with it. I hate cats, not mine but any other that I see in the street.

you can definatley keep cats happy without letting them roam the street.
Cat runs, harnesses, you can even put fencing up so they can't escape the yard
cats should be confined and there is no argument against it
not only do they kill native wildlife but my cats are a part of the family and letting them roam around its not a matter of if but when they are going to get run over or even worse something like this happen if people love thier cats they will not let them out to wander

Speak for yourself buddy, I have a cat and I guess I like it, but I'm not stupid. I wouldn't never let my cat roam outside. She can go out everynow and then on one of them extendable leads in the yard whilst someone else is out there... Thats it. Deffinatley think the cat people should get over saying "you hate cats get over it" if you want to be part of a reptile forum you have to deal with it. I hate cats, not mine but any other that I see in the street.

EXACTLY.... you've hit it on the head................................ THIS IS A REPTILE SITE................. does this mean that becaue I actually like cats, and that I get sick and tired of hearing what should be done with cats, good or bad, then I shouldn't actually be a part of a reptile site?

Cats do have their place, and a role to play, especially in built up areas, where there are no snakes, to keep down rodent populations which would otherwise create many health problems.

As you said, this is a reptile site, and should be kept as such, not an anti-cat site!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back