Family watches as python snatches joey in backyard

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched in Horror? they must have not had a camera with them.... yes, witnessing such an event without a camera would cause flashbacks throughout your whole life

Watched in Horror? they must have not had a camera with them.... yes, witnessing such an event without a camera would cause flashbacks throughout your whole life

Reminds me of last weekend. I was utterly horrified after seeing a very large Tiger Snake. My partner was driving, I yelled "STOP!" and she said "Why?" I splurted out "SNAKE! SNAKE!" and she just kept driving, saying we were in a hurry and it wasn't a particularly safe place to stop the car. I was gasping for breath in shock, disbelief and grief for the next few minutes. I think I'm still suffering from it :(

That was unacceptable spouse behaviour, Sdaji. You need to either upgrade your partner or do all the driving :)

Snake down your very own hole without a camera? Horrifying.

so were are the photos of the mother kangaroo ATTACKING the snake LOL. what load of crap.

The irony is the family probably 'watched in horror" as the baby 'roo was eaten and then went in and tucked into some veal or lamb!:rolleyes:

hahaha classic
'The 4m scrub python ambushed a group of wallabies'

that looks to at least be 6m in the pic
the snake must have lost its camoflaged hat after the ambush... or maybe it was trenched in or a trap door attack Viet cong style...

They were probably drinking Real McCoy or Woodstock Bourbon in their Hole at the time - definately sounds like Ipswich

Horrific all right!!

Reminds me of last weekend. I was utterly horrified after seeing a very large Tiger Snake. My partner was driving, I yelled "STOP!" and she said "Why?" I splurted out "SNAKE! SNAKE!" and she just kept driving, saying we were in a hurry and it wasn't a particularly safe place to stop the car. I was gasping for breath in shock, disbelief and grief for the next few minutes. I think I'm still suffering from it :(

Thats what you get for going out with a "normal" person... ( I married one you know!)

umm..go figure! Cairns again!...looking for any type of hype to get in the media,must be a very lonely place!..last week it was a Man eating brown tree snake who cornered 2 human babies so their mother could not reach them...

haha must be related to the scrubbie that ambushes groups of wallabies...

brings to mind the horror in 'attack of the killer tomatoes'

im not going to Cairns now (or Ipswich)

Thats what you get for going out with a "normal" person... ( I married one you know!)

Admittedly, if you take a step back and look at the situation from a "normal" person's viewpoint, she did make the valid arguments of it being dangerous to stop, me having seen hundreds of wild Tiger Snakes already, and me having the opportunity to see my own Tigers later the same day. It was also pointed out that it was a drab, ugly one. Obviously, we are right and the rest of the world is wrong, but you can see how they might have difficulty understanding us. On the other hand, reptile people are all insane, I don't know why anyone would want to be partnered with one!

Serpentes: I do 95% of the driving, but I think you're right, it's clearly not enough. You know, the last time we saw a snake on the road, I stopped, got out, had a look, and she refused to get out of the car! Not that she is scared of snakes (it wasn't in any way a scarey snake either), but again had valid arguments; "Another Blindsnake? It's just a worm! It's going to look as much like a worm as the last one! It's stupid!"... and yeah, I suppose she was right, Blindsnakes are pretty boring after your first one :lol:

Next time it will probably be a Small-eyed Snake and not even I will want to bother looking :lol:

This exact same thing happened in Kuringai last year....I thought it was the same people but they havent released the pics....except it was a diamond python, not a scrubbie of course....apparently the python snatched the joey from the mothers pouch...:shock:

The kids and wife looked on in horror and the husband shot the whole fascinating episode with the camera.....the pics are great!! we dont get to see things like this very often.....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back