Fat Should Pay More for Airline Tickets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, i suppose yes. i'm know im going to get healthy in my own time

My question is how long will it be before obesity is questioned in a similar manner. "What are you doing, don't you know how unhealthy it is to be so overweight ?"

I want to know why it's alright for people to have a go at me for being underweight, when as soon as an overweight person gets called fat, it's "discrimination" hahaha!

It's a vicious circle when it comes to overweight people,

If you haven't been there then you really don't understand, it's also a mental thing which cannot be overcome as easily as saying "just lose the weight"

walk a mile in someone else's shoes before making judgments.

People do extraordinary things when they want to, and I believe it should be every person's ambition (fat or thin) to be as healthy as they can be.

The fact is nobody can walk a mile in anybody else's shoes. But to take a somewhat overused example, take the contestants of the Biggest Loser. Many of those people had been overweight their entire lives, many of them had severe psychological issues as a result, yet rather than the difficulty of losing the weight being the cause of their dismay, it became their strength to push on.

I don't believe in limiting oneself to such a degree "it's just too hard". I may not be overweight, but I've overcome my biggest problems through determination, and you can't tell me that it was easy, just as I can't tell you that weight loss is easy.

But it's possible, so why not strive for it ?

that isnt going to work, believe me. im 130kg at the moment, and put it this way, my PE teacher at school tried that so my last week at school i ate one of those double pounder (the ones with 8 pieces of meat) in front of her.
the point is, i was planning to get healthy in my own time and every time someone did something like that, its like well stuff you im going to eat a pie sandwhich.

Thanx for proving my point Lazybuddah:)

but seriously dude enough excuses time to lose it before it's too late

Ben

I want to know why it's alright for people to have a go at me for being underweight, when as soon as an overweight person gets called fat, it's "discrimination" hahaha!

Social conditioning, apparently underweight people can help it, but overweight people can't. Society's silly like that... "Underweight people can just eat more" "And overweight people can't just eat less ?" "...No that's different."

Lol.

i did lose weight about a year ago, i lost 30 kgs over a couple of months. so i know it can be done, my point was once you slip off that horse its hard to get back on, so i waited until i was sure that i could stop it being a repitive cycle of weightloss and weight gain. it was the tony ferguson diet so if anyone has tried it you know how strict you have to be on it

Exactly what I was thinking Kelly, I am a 52kg mum of 6 & constantly cop people asking if I even eat because of my small size, & the worst thing is they don't even realize how rude that is.

People do extraordinary things when they want to, and I believe it should be every person's ambition (fat or thin) to be as healthy as they can be.

Very good point. My father used to be 114kg of muscle (many years ago), now he's 75kg, much leaner, but probably roughly as healthy as he ever was. Im the opposite, I have a hard time putting on weight, even though I eat like a horse and my dayly social outings are to the gym or Tai training. Making people pay, both literally and mentally, when you have no idea of their past, present or future, you really are proving that you havent thought about the issue too deeply.

It's a vicious circle when it comes to overweight people,

If you haven't been there then you really don't understand, it's also a mental thing which cannot be overcome as easily as saying "just lose the weight"

walk a mile in someone else's shoes before making judgments.

Meaybe if they walked a mile every now in their own shoes it would'nt be such an issue:lol::lol:

Fat ppl are just like drug abusers, despicable ppl with bad habits that cost the rest of society, now please excuse me while i pour myself a bourbon :lol:

Peronsally i think murderers, terrorists and other criminals are the real victims of discrimination, just because they behave differantly they are put in jail or killed. Its not like they can help it.

Reading through various comments from both sides of the argument...

Here's one that helps with greenhouse emissions.

If the average weight of people increased by x% then the actual amount of fuel consumption can go up as much as 4 times x! (based on kinetic energy mass times the square of velocity).

So using up to four times the amount of fuel per x above average is a real green house emitter - when you look at what the average weight of humans are.

Kelly - being underweight can be equally as dangerous (so I am told).

There's always an easy answer - and using greenhouse gases can not be the answer to obesity. Doesn't the biggest loser inspire any of you? Or at least knowing you have a wonderful future?

Hmm it all depends I guess. If you're talking about someone who has anorexia, doesn't eat the proper foods etc then I guess it would be very dangerous.
In my case, I just find it hard to gain weight, being vegan has something to do with it but I do also have a fast metabolism. I'm a good weight now though (after a lot of effort and disgusting weight gain shakes) but still get crap about being thin?
Like today, I said I was freezing in my office. My boss (who is overweight) replied with "Maybe if you put some weight on you wouldn't be so cold". Of course I said back "Actually, perhaps if you lost some weight, we wouldn't have to have the air con up so high to keep you cool" :lol::lol::lol: He was not impressed, but saw where I was coming from.

Hmm it all depends I guess. If you're talking about someone who has anorexia, doesn't eat the proper foods etc then I guess it would be very dangerous.
In my case, I just find it hard to gain weight, being vegan has something to do with it but I do also have a fast metabolism. I'm a good weight now though (after a lot of effort and disgusting weight gain shakes) but still get crap about being thin?
Like today, I said I was freezing in my office. My boss (who is overweight) replied with "Maybe if you put some weight on you wouldn't be so cold". Of course I said back "Actually, perhaps if you lost some weight, we wouldn't have to have the air con up so high to keep you cool" :lol::lol::lol: He was not impressed, but saw where I was coming from.

Haha, touché..

I believe saying anything like that to fat or thin people is horrible,

It's just as bad for thin people as fat ones, I agree with kelly on this one, like she said, she has a fast metabolism, others have a very slow one,

Ohh and you may find that not all the biggest losers on the tv are happy now, it traumatized many of them and making a fat person eat a mound of cakes so they can stay on a show to lose weight is healthy for them??

It's not nice to say to someone skinny , ohh just put on weight, go eat some cream cakes or something,

it's not nice to say anything nasty to any person to make yourself feel better, and that's what it boils down to a lot of the time,

I believe saying anything like that to fat or thin people is horrible,

It's just as bad for thin people as fat ones, I agree with kelly on this one, like she said, she has a fast metabolism, others have a very slow one,

Ohh and you may find that not all the biggest losers on the tv are happy now, it traumatized many of them and making a fat person eat a mound of cakes so they can stay on a show to lose weight is healthy for them??

It's not nice to say to someone skinny , ohh just put on weight, go eat some cream cakes or something,

it's not nice to say anything nasty to any person to make yourself feel better, and that's what it boils down to a lot of the time,

I agree Mertle, it's never nice to be unkind to to people.

Thing is, what we want to hear isn't always what's good for us, sometimes it takes an objective eye to point us in the right direction.

The problem is drawing that line.

same here i've never been the kind of person who sits down to a massive meal, yes i do eat and yes i do eat regularly and thanks to a fats metabolism i've always been in a position where i could stand to gain a few but have always been within the healthy weight range. i went my entire childhood being told by all the adults around me that i was too skinny to the point were it became just as upsetting as being called fat.

I've walked this particular mile, its not easy but well worth it. All it takes is motivation, organization, intelligence and persistence. Mind you the hard part was dropping alcohol to near zero. But just looking at my relatives and listing to the whining and the medical problems reinforces my belief it was the right decision.

Last edited:
I agree 100% with the fat tax cos if youve ever sat next to a large person on a long flight its very unconfitable.

but in saying that they should have larger seats for them if they pay the extra $!

I've walked this particular mile, its not easy but well worth it. All it takes is motivation, organization, intelligence and persistence. Mind you the hard part was dropping alcohol to near zero. But just looking at my relatives and listing to the whining and the medical problems reinforces my belief it was the right decision.

Gd on ya Fuscus :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back