Fat Should Pay More for Airline Tickets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
on a lighter note, if fat people have to pay more on planes do big people have to pay more for clothes, they do use more fabric than smaller people!!!

The vast majority of the cost of making clothing is in the labour, especially with shoes. The actual materials are negligible in most cases. When it comes to very cheap clothing, the amount of material can be significant in the cost, and sometimes they are priced differently.

Should food for large people be cheaper, because they need to eat more? Men require more calories than women, should they recieve subsidised food?

Weighing people at the airport wouldn't be logistically difficult, you already have your bags weighed, you could just stand on the scales with them. I can see it now... "Oh, gee, my luggage is so heavy..." :lol: (yeah, okay, another ticket to Hell!).

Fairs fair

Work out the weight capacity of the plane and divide this by the customers it can carry. If a bigger person needs two seats then they can pay twice the fare. Im thinking along the lines of a benchmark weight taken from an average with anything exceeding this being paid for. If your larger but carrying very little baggage this could be taken into consideration when working out your fare.

There is the issue of too little space aswell. I dont want a huge person sitting next to me taking up what little space i have been allocated, which does end up happening. I dont care if your overweight but why should i have to suffer through a flight with your bulk overflowing into my seat? I paid good money for my seat like everyone else.

Maybe larger seats could be allocated for larger people? Obviously this would incure a larger fee though.

As for pregnent women, they made a conscious choice to have a child, the rest of us shouldnt have to pay for it.

I have no animosity towards larger people, theres plenty of people in my family that are overweight. Fairs fair though.

Cheers
Jordan

Can't see a can of whip donkey coming your way Jordo... but was worth the laugh haha!

Perhaps you would all do well to watch this informative and educating lecture at a theatre in england...

---------------------------

[video=youtube;CkesRVzEjtk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkesRVzEjtk[/video]

I support fat tax. Whilst I am sure there are some psychological factors involved, basically you don't get fat unless you put a lot of food into your mouth. Don't smoke. Don't over eat. Don't blame other people if you do smoke or over eat. Be prepared to pay for the consequences of what you do. Plane fuel = weight to be lifted. If you have more weight to lift you should pay more. If you don't like it, stop eating so much .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back