Feedin Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pythonkisses

Reaction score
Hello All,

Well still no luck on getting Strop to eat anything and now am askin for some help to get her feeding i was thinking of selling them but see how this goes first so who will help me i need more ideas to try on her 1 idea i have is to give her to someone who knows what there doing and get her feeding for me :cry: monty is eatin well but now its upsetin me not seeing her eat as i do not want to lose her :cry: :cry: .

So pls pm me or email me at hotmail with ideas etc as i dont want hundreds of replys within the post as i do know ppl have diff views on this matter about snakes feeding etc.

:cry: Upset PK :cry:

Strop is a black diamond python 4yrs old i have tried everything bar from tube feeding which i do not know now to do thats why am askin for help we have tried rats big and small,birds,lizards,mice etc the list goes on we have tried heating her up more in her own little enclosure thinking to heat her up she might eat :( still nothing.

mine is the same i have a Children Python it doest wanna get last meal was on 23/10/04 and before that was on 12/9/04 :( i am think of swaping with something else :(

well it hasnt been too long how old is little strop i noticed there are a few animals ive seen in herp classifeds that havent eatin for close to a year she might just need a bit more time to re adjust maybe she is gravid (not sure of the age so jut a sugestion) and reufsing food dose she look kinda fat lol all i can suggest is just give it a little more time but again i thin if she is only a juvie u may want to seek sum more profesonal help

Re: RE: Feedin Help

redline said:
mine is the same i have a Children Python it doest wanna get last meal was on 23/10/04 and before that was on 12/9/04 :( i am think of swaping with something else :(

I bought a mac in september, it was really really skinny and was only being given one medium mouse every month, 4 about 2 weeks i couldn't get her to eat normally so i tried different things. i got a skewer and ripped apart the mouses face and got another mouse and put the blood on the first. god she got excited then. she ate 2 in one sitting which was the most she had ever had. now like 2 months later she eats 3 to 4 adult mice every week or 2. i m feeding her up good so that she will be a good size for nxt years breeding season.

pythonkisses said:
Strop has not eaten since i got her back in sept

where was she b 4 u got her back??? was she eating well there?

RE: Re: RE: Feedin Help

serpenttongue he come to see strop for me i might ask him back as he is local he might get her feeding for me strop is a nice snake handles very very well but just wont eat.

i got a skewer and ripped apart the mouses face and got another mouse and put the blood on the first. god she got excited then

:shock: :lol:

(sorry to get OT, but that just sounded too funny!)

i got them both in sept from this guy around the corner/up the road a bit from me who was selling them on some reptile site cant remember which one it was now.

pythonkisses said:
Strop has not eaten since i got her back in sept

so u BOUGHT her in sep...not got her back? so has she ever fed 4 u?

I have hatchies that have gone almost that long without a feed .
Do you handle her a lot ? where do you keep her enclosure ? could it be stress related ?

What methods did the previous owner use ? Where did he keep them ?

If you have already checked all these avenues out I am sorry for wasting your time Cheers mick

A 4 year old Diamond that hasn't eaten since September?
Why are you panicking about it?

You're nowhere near the point of panic yet. You should rule out a few things first such as worms or internal parasite that may be upsetting her.
Once that's done just keep offering it food. You're months away from any real concern for it's health.

Greg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back