Feedin Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: Feedin Help

even though its 4, how big is it? maybe it was never a good feeder and is small 4 its age?

Greg is right Sammy, if youve had her vet checked/treated for parasites, then dont be concerned.
Q: is she housed with male or alone? TRy the opposit
q: are you weighing and recording weight? how much has she lost?
if temps and other enviromwental factors are ok , dont be too concerned.
q: how often are u offering food, maybe too often is strssing?
q: how much are you handling? maybe dont?
tried fresh kill? fresh blood works well.
wishing you the best

2 months isn't long for a snake to refuse food. I don't feed any of the larger snakes during winter. He might be a bit freaked out by the new surroundings, perhaps an enclosure somewhere quiet for a while with no handling.
But you also said he is lossing weight :( . How much and is he also losing condition?

Re: RE: Re: RE: Feedin Help

instar said:
Greg is right Sammy, if youve had her vet checked/treated for parasites, then dont be concerned.
Q: is she housed with male or alone? TRy the opposit
q: are you weighing and recording weight? how much has she lost?
if temps and other enviromwental factors are ok , dont be too concerned.
q: how often are u offering food, maybe too often is strssing?
q: how much are you handling? maybe dont?
tried fresh kill? fresh blood works well.
wishing you the best

A: She has been checked/treated for parasites.
A: she is with monty there always been together even before i got them.
A: she has lost about 800gramms
A: offenin food once a month
A: i handle her about once a week.
A: i have tried live,fresh killed.

even though its 4, how big is it? maybe it was never a good feeder and is small 4 its age?

Strop is 7 foot long with last shed.

What methods did the previous owner use ? Where did he keep them ?

David had them outside in a bird cage he did not handle them nor feed them over winter so when i got them they did not eat for 3.5 mths. before i got them home.

So with all that.

I should but her back in her enclosure do not handle her for what a few weeks then offer food?

PK

p.s
thanks to everyone for this as i said before am not saying i know everything about snakes but am learning as i go :) i did not know snakes can go for mths on end without food.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Feedin Help

yeah that thing should b able to do 9 months ezy, not suggesting u do it though it shouldn't have any probs. 7ft is a nice size though.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Feedin Help

sheds can sterch up to like 20% bigger so thats not a acurate length

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Feedin Help

call the guy that you bought it off and tell him whats going on and he should help you not saying he will but if he is a nice person he should be willing to help.

AM SO HAPPY STROP ATE TODAY WOOHOO me dancing around the place next door thought i was having s e x lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :) :D :) :D happy happy happy

PK :lol: :lol:

wel done PK. what did u do to get her to eat? anything different? or just offer it to her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back