Feeding pics of my zoo, and a different, not highly recommended, food source..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sezzzzzzzzz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well the wondertul Darring and Morgan-dragon dropped off ratties last night and as I couldn’t fit the rats and my food in the freezer .(note to self:must get a chest freezer) I thought id fed everyone today...

And seeing Ihaven't posted pics of them all for a while I thought I'd take some pictures, (Plus i have a new camera to play around with that hubby bought me for my birthday last week!)

This is Darla The MD.
She is a firm favourite and is just so placid and chilled all the time, even when there's food around!!! P8270076.jpg
P8270078.jpg
P8270082.jpg
Worm is a bit "special" at feed time, I feed him on a tile, but he drags it through the substrate every time! But he looks so purrrdddy after his shed.

P8270086.jpg
P8270154.jpg
P8270157.jpg
P8270158.jpg
A girls best friend Sheldon.

P8270105.jpg
P8270110.jpg
P8270120a.jpg
P8270122a.jpg
Last but not least is a sort of food i dont recommend- MY HAND!!! George, our jungle, hates me to the point that he launched of his basking shelf and struck me from 3foot away as i kindly offered him a rat using tongs and THE OTHER BLOODY HAND!!!

P8270103.jpg
P8270100.jpg
P8270101.jpg
P8270102.jpg

The pics of George aren't very good as they are taken from the safety of outside his enclosure....

P8270128.jpg
P8270149.jpg
P8270148.jpg
P8270142.jpg

Thanks Dave. i have quite a few other names that i call George, but they all come up in stars if i type it on here!

I dont use tongs I just put a bag over my lower arm and hold the food out Seems to work ok even with wild ones that need a feed Cloth bag doesnt have a real scent so they dont strike at it

Beautiful snakes, I especially like your woma. I also have a snake called Sheldon, he is a woma and I named him after Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory "the doppler effect".

I dont use tongs I just put a bag over my lower arm and hold the food out Seems to work ok even with wild ones that need a feed Cloth bag doesnt have a real scent so they dont strike at it

i only really need the tongs for George cos he HATES me. he has done ever since i opened the bag when i got him off the plane. the minute he sees me he gets into strike mode :shock::shock::? he wont even let me top up his wster without trying to savage me, yet he loves Truck and Tilly.

He was my "birthday present" last year. He quickly became Trucks snake....

good to see they liked their food :)

superb as always thanks hun.

- - - Updated - - -

Beautiful snakes, I especially like your woma. I also have a snake called Sheldon, he is a woma and I named him after Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory "the doppler effect".

LOL, Sheldon is a very popular name amongst our snakeys... pretty sure Smithers on here has a stimson (??) called sheldon as well.

Seems all of us reptile lovers love Big Bang (no dirty remarks boys and girls :D:lol:) too...

Last edited:
Thought of you today Sezzzzzzzzz because I was bitten for the first time (rememeber snakes don't bite -people get bitten) whilst assisting my male Diamond shed. Then it clicked, my hands were scented with meat I was preparing earlier...although...I could'a sworn I was being solemnly apologised to for the whole hour we spent together afterwards. Lovely pictures by the way! For Big Bang lovers, our wi-fi SSID is "The Chandrasekhar Limit".

Thought of you today Sezzzzzzzzz because I was bitten for the first time (rememeber snakes don't bite -people get bitten) whilst assisting my male Diamond shed. Then it clicked, my hands were scented with meat I was preparing earlier...although...I could'a sworn I was being solemnly apologised to for the whole hour we spent together afterwards. Lovely pictures by the way! For Big Bang lovers, our wi-fi SSID is "The Chandrasekhar Limit".

Sheldon is the only one who hasnt bitten me now... Im sure he'll have his day though lol.

Don’t blame George... what red-blooded male wouldn’t want to have a nibble on you?

Beautiful animals, great pics, a belated Happy Birthday (21 wasn’t it?) and George clearly does not muck around – OUCH! Thanks for sharing and I trust this year’s birthday present was considerably more benign...

Blue

Don’t blame George... what red-blooded male wouldn’t want to have a nibble on you?

Beautiful animals, great pics, a belated Happy Birthday (21 wasn’t it?) and George clearly does not muck around – OUCH! Thanks for sharing and I trust this year’s birthday present was considerably more benign...

Blue

lmao:oops: youve made me blush Blue.

this years present is much easier to handle and the only snapping it does is when it takes a pic.... :D

I did warn you I would still be cheeky when the opportunity arose...

Ahhh! The sweet taste of success. (So long as it brought a liitle mirth into your day then the real goal was achieved.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back