feeding question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeitup

Reaction score
hey guys i fed my diamond today and around 8 hours later(now) i have just noticed that he has ingested some of the breeders choice kitty litter, a peace is lodged in his neck around 10 cm from his mouth. Any suggestions on what i should do to help the situation?
cheers

when I used BC in the past, ingestion never caused any problems. I must say that I am impressed that you can see 10cm into your snakes throat, is it gaping/looks to be in distress?

i can see the buldge on the outside, he is only a yearling so theres not a hell of a lot to him thats the reason i can see the b.c peace. He seems to be fairly comfortable.

BC is just recycled paper isn't it? So it will probably break up and get digested, just make sure your snake has water avaliable.

My 3ft childreni "popped" a mouse open once by squeezing it too agressively and lots of BC kitty litter got stuck to the intestines (or something) I picked off as much as I could but she probably still ingested at least 5 bits. She still seems fine. I wish I got pics but was too worried about trying to pick the BC off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back