feeding question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

borntobnude

Hi I know that you dont feed a snake two feeds over a couple of days , but , can you feed a 10mnth old stimson who has just shed and is on large fuzzies two little fuzzies in quick succession or as quick as she will eat them . She has not eaten for 9 days :?

You most definately can. Many keepers feeds multi items per feeding.

i prefer to mostly feed several smaller items rather than one huge item, every now and then it's good for them (so i'm told) but i don't like to see them struggle...

ok so we give her the first and then ??

let her swallow it then the next one or put the second one in straight away ??????

You can do it either way. If you feel comfortable placing the second one in the open mouth when the first one is almost finished please do. Or you can wait till it has the first one all the way down then offer the second. Good luck with it.

well wasnt she a hungry snake let her swallow the first then retreated to the hide and poked out her head as usual waved the second mouse gone in the blink of an eye thanks all

Hi I know that you dont feed a snake two feeds over a couple of days

I would check your sources, i would be suprised if i havnt fed a snake 2 feeds over a couple of days. No one knows exactly how is best way to feed snakes, but imo lots of ppl under feed their snakes. Are you feeding it fuzzy rats or mice?

It is really personal choice. The wildlife park I use to do voluntary work with, feed their snakes 2 days a week - but rather than giving them their maximum feed they might spread it over the 2 days. When I was there I offered them all 2nds - maybe thats why they haven't asked me back - I overfed their reptiles and making them go through the food twice as fast ... hehehe ... Why not? The diamond boy loves his food and the little spotted enjoyed the Day old chick heads he got. The darwin girl never said no and the big port mac fella didn't either. They loved their dinner. Any left overs went to Pete the Perentie and Lacy the lacie so nothing was wasted.

But feeding them over 2 days really isn't necessary. In the wild reptiles will snap up food as often as it passes them but do you think they would have the luxury of more than the one feed a week? They'd be lucky to pick up food once a fortnight or more which is why they are always smaller than ours that are older.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back