Feeding skins to burtons is illegal in NSW

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what an ignorant answer if i was a mice fancier i wouldnt feed them mice
i am not agianst feeding live animals that are rodents or pest or commercial breed for that purpose , but catching wild skinks and gecoks .

i see now one of the members also has a burtons for sale on this site so i guess iam going to get some flack from loyal mates
if i had a hard to feed python would it be ok to feed it another hard to feed python so you at least get one eatting
I think not !

Ignorant? Ok, good for me I guess.

I think you are getting a little bit carried away here. The member who has one for sale is not a 'mate'. Really. I don't even know them.
If you had a species of python that was rare in captivity, evolved to feed on reptiles, couldn't readily be switched to rodents and wasn't amicable to tube feeding, I doubt that too many people who had been around the traps, so to speak, would condone you for feeding it an introduced species of pest snake that was readily available. I don't encourage live feeding, but sometimes it has to be done. I think you will find they also take frozen ahg's....

I doubt your last example would ever occur...afterall, a species that has evolved to only eat it's own kind....well that's a bit of a negative selective pressure.

is it legal? or not in NSW to use live reptiles as food for other reptiles
i still think it is wrong either way

Ignorant? Ok, good for me I guess.

I think you are getting a little bit carried away here. The member who has one for sale is not a 'mate'. Really. I don't even know them.
If you had a species of python that was rare in captivity, evolved to feed on reptiles, couldn't readily be switched to rodents and wasn't amicable to tube feeding, I doubt that too many people who had been around the traps, so to speak, would condone you for feeding it an introduced species of pest snake that was readily available. I don't encourage live feeding, but sometimes it has to be done. I think you will find they also take frozen ahg's....

I doubt your last example would ever occur...afterall, a species that has evolved to only eat it's own kind....well that's a bit of a negative selective pressure.
i dont care about live feeding or not this post was aboat feeding skinks or reptiles live or dead as food for burtons
so dont jump on this post for you own ideas on live food rats, mice,worms i dont care start your own post on that topic

It may not be wrong. I have found said add. It just says feeding on garden skinks how this is done it says nothing. I think you need to read things through.

There are dodgy people everywhere I have been offered illegal herps I said no. Chances are if what they are doing is illegal then they would have advertised with a fake name ect ect.

It may not be wrong. I have found said add. It just says feeding on garden skinks how this is done it says nothing. I think you need to read things through.
i dont care how it is done all i want to know is .is it ilegal in NSW
it seems it must be as no one will answer just attack ,its a simple question people
yes or no will do
as for me sending of an email to Decc thats me defending what i believe is a wrongthing happening if its legal then there is no problem if an i hope i change the way Decc look at there policies on feeding reptiles to reptiles as food

They could be shipping in frozen garden skinks from a state where you can legally do it then they cannot be done. So if it is there are ways around it.

In the end the DECCW has better things to do than to launch an investigation over an add online.

should i start another post that just says
is it legal or illegal to feed reptiles to reptiles in NSW
and what do you think is it a good husbandry practice do to parasites
and the taking of wild caught reptiles

You can if you want but its illegal to have rabbits in QLD but you can buy them frozen if you really want you can get frozen reptiles freighted in and feed them to your burtons so they could be doing that.

Maybe you should you use these to get your BHPs feeding rams, instead of the maccies.:shock:;)

Jeezzz don't say that Daz I will end up getting into trouble now :lol: Although I guess I could resort to using coastals as I doubt anyone would care :shock:

You can also keep AHG on license in NSW.
so are you allowed to use them for food if there in license??
still no answer on the first question i didnt think it was to hard but i was wrong

Ramsayi is it legal or ilegal do you know the answer ?

Jeezzz don't say that Daz I will end up getting into trouble now :lol: Although I guess I could resort to using coastals as I doubt anyone would care :shock:

Ah yeh, you have a point there. :D:D

they may not be wild caught sorry i should not have said that .
but a reptile keeper feeding retiles other then Asian house geckos which i have since found out by a few burton keepers in QLD is allowed.it is illegal wether difficult feeders or not and doesnt matter if he is up front in the add my point for this post was i think its very wrong to condone any reptile being used for a food source if you cant feed them on some thing else then you should keep them .
i have emailed DECC with a copy of the add .

Your obviously already in contact with the DECC so why dont you ask them?

I guess you need to be in the click for a sensible reply

Hey C.bayo, are you incapable of doing research for yourself? Try googling the question or the NPWS website.

You probably kill half a dozen of them when you mow the lawn.. not to mention the ones that always drown in people's pools etc.

So you would rather the Burton's starve.

You know how many commonly kept reptiles are started on skinks or live pinkies... What's the difference there.

I know some states have a number of common species that can be legally used as feeders as there are many reptiles kept that really only eat other reptiles.

Now let me get this straight. You are not against the live feeding of rodents to reptiles but you are against any reptiles being used as feeders, dead or alive? You condone a illegal and cruel practice but your against feeding pre-killed lizards to reptiles that need them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back