Finally! Got my first little Baby!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximum

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Last night was a great night for me as I purchased my first little baby! It's a Black and Gold Jungle Python i've named Wasp, mainly because of the yellow and black and because they're known to be snappy, so there's a little sting to them ;) Little lame, but I like the name!

Funnily enough, this was an extremely placid little Jungle that has not bitten ONCE since I've got it and I have handled it quite a bit to get it used to it. I've let it relax now and will be for several days in it's new home. When i went to buy this one, all the others were extremely snappy, my friend who has 4 Pythons and years experience with them came with and handled a few and one particular one bit him around 30 times in a couple of minutes! He's used to it though so he didn't mind! I also got my first little nip by one but to be honest I'm happy it happened straight up!

Here's some pictures of my little Wasp ;)

Attachments

• 2011-09-10 15.30.51.jpg
    2011-09-10 15.30.51.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 2011-09-10 15.31.38.jpg
    2011-09-10 15.31.38.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 111
Awesome. I've kept Pythons since early 08, I remember how happy I was with my first, and my second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth... okay, you get the drift... lol.
Nice choice with the name too. I'm sure you'll enjoy the years to come with snake keeping.

Thanks everyone!! Very happy and sociable, comes and presses against the cage when he sees me and I put my hand out and he slithers straight up it :)

And my girlfriend had to make me ask: as a name Bumblebee or Wasp :p I'm sticking to Wasp but she wants to know opinions! :lol:

Nice looking snake, mate. Should be a cracker when it sheds. Did you get it from logan, just out of curiosity?

I reckon bumblebee is more suited to a name, but wasp is cool, too. What about Hornett?

Haha Hornet didn't really occur to me! Still liking my first name, and Bumblebee seemed a little too... tame :p

Yes I got him from a Breeder in Springwood :)

Looks good jungles are awesome snake. I need to get one eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back