Fire Donation - Adelaide

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs I

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
All Adelaide people read !!

Ok we have started the ball rolling and been through all our wardrobes for clothing for all the people over in victoria, we also have a washing machine single bed, and bookcase.

Anyone in the Adelaide area wanting to donate some stuff that will go over to Victoria and given out free of charge to people suffering due to fire damage please pm me.

My husband will collect from the Metro Area, gather your clothes you dont wear anymore and put them into garbage bags, kids clothes old clothes anything !!

We have a large ford transit van and if we can fill it to the brim we will drive it all over ourselves.

If we dont get a full load we will pay out of our own pocket to get it over there and make sure it goes straight to the people that are in need free of charge.

So cmon everyone in Adelaide gather together and send me a pm, with your address and when the clothes will be ready for collection, lets get this transit van full of free clothes for the people that have lost everything..

Mrs I

xxxx

Attachments

• DSCF3690.JPG
    DSCF3690.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 121
I'm in Taryn! I was just going through the media releases to find out how to donate. Tomorrow will be spent clearing drawers & wardrobes & I will contact the MOSH & see if I can rustle up more support. One question ... what happens if your van can't hold it all?

PS. I will drop what I can get together off on Wednesday. Will you be around?

We got heaps of kids clothes that were about to go down the salvos

If we get too much stuff for the Van alone, fingers crossed that would be great, we will hire a large enclosed trailer as the van also has a tow bar.

We are after mainly clothes as you can imagine larger stuff will start taking up lots of room.

Although i am happy to have my house as a drop off for any larger items and i will organise transport (im sure a transport company will deliver free if we get a full load of larger stuff)

I will be around all week if anyone lives in the Southern Area and wants to drop clothes into me.

Would love to take over a van and large enclosed trailer full of clothes !!

Also toys for the kids and baby items.

As you can imagine these people have lost everything! So anything at all is a bonus.

taryn i have a heap of stuff i can give ill drop u a pm now

We want to get this to the people FREE of charge.

I will even spend my nights sorting what we collect into boxes of appropriate sizes so that people dont have to just go through the whole lot.

do u want us to label boxes and bags with a size etc of what we have to make it easier?
i can donate a bag or so of baby clothes i have already bought alot anyway and a few boxes of womens clothes and ill go through michaels stuff too for mens things

I will go through anything I collect & bag it into sizes etc & label it all. That should save you some time. I can pick up from Mt Barker area along the way if anyone from there wants to help. I will put up some fliers in Milang & Strathalbyn tomorrow. Anyone from these areas who wants me to pick up can PM me. Any idea when you are likely to go Taryn?

PS......I will be going to Victor Harbour on Tuesday & on Thursday will be doing a run through Mt Barker to Stirling then up to Strathalbyn. From there I will go across to Murray Bridge so if there is anyone in or around those parts who has stuff to donate, let me know. I will then do another drive down to Taryn before they take off.

Last edited:
Scotts works through the whole metro area and im sure i can get my dad on collection runs also.

i am going to get the school that the kids are at to also send out flyers tomorrow and i will collect any clothes from the school, if every child brings in just one supermarket bag of clothes we should be able to get a **** load together.

If we get a lot we may even do a few of the hardest hit towns, or to where ever the people that have been wipped out are staying (halls, community centres)

I will be at missllamathuen's on Wednesday so if anyone has anything to donate from the northern suburbs, you can PM her or myself to arrange drop off at her place. Taryn, you might just need that trailer, lol! Can I also suggest sheets, blankets etc?

Yes Sam sheets blankets great idea.

We are good customers of Kennards so they may even offer us a free large trailer loan.

Well Done MrsI,ITS ppl like you that give a damn,good stuff for helping all those pll in need at such a bad time.

I am near Christies Beach, pm me for exact location.

pythons73, cant do a hell of a lot but every little bit helps.

Already have a few drop offs for the week, keep them coming guys !

fire donation

Thank you Mrs I and other ladies, I'm sure your donations will be well recieved by the one's that need them! In tragic times we all need to pull togeather!

Mrs I, your effort has touched my heart. I have a station wagon and trailer........ if you need any extra transport, I will be MORE than happy to offer my car and trailer. I will match you mile for mile to get the stuff there. I will pm my phone number to you if you need me.

ALSO.. what about toys and essential bits ond pieces for getting themselves back together.......... not rubbish, but if anyone has any spare kitchen stuff, just general day to day items that make daily living that bit easier?????

i was thinking the same bev i was also trying to find some stuff i no i have in one of the cupboards a vcr n dvd player etc i thought that i could bubble wrap up and give too i just gotta find the stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back