Fire Donation - Adelaide

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was also thinking if anyone has any cages etc for animals, i mean can u imagine the amount of possums etc that would need care right now and im sure vic's fauner rescue or what ever they have would deffinatly not have enough!

Milang Old School House Community Centre is on board! Their shed is at our disposal for donations. Fliers, radio announcements & school notices have gone out to all surrounding areas. We might need a truck out here! So many kind people, all wanting to help. This will be some snowball! Any idea who would be the best to try for truck hire?

Last edited:
I want to help too but live in queensland, can someone who is driving pm their bank details so I can put money in for the petrol.

Sam, let me know if you need someone down their to collect stuff, hubby can come down in the transit with a trailer, or you could kennards down your way for a free small truck hire or trailer hire to bring it up to me.

The snowball is getting bigger.

Looking for boxes now to box this stuff properly, waiting on return calls.

No Kennards near here but I was thinking maybe trying Avis truck rental. Or Budget? If we get enough, I might just load the truck & go from here. I have had some offers of furniture like wall units, tv etc so we'll see how things pan out. Petrol/ diesel money would be a huge help guys. Thanks. Isn't it amazing how people band together to help when the chips are down. You are all fantastic IMO!

I am very humbled by all the support, Sam let me know if you get enough to warrant a truck rental i am sure they will give us one for free, if we ask nicely !!

You and Scott could possibly go in a convoy together for the first run.

Have just had more people drop stuff to my door !!

I am thankful for the people offering to help with petrol/diesel money, although i am not sure how to go about this.

We will be quite happy to pay for our own although i know people want to help, i will see what i can try organise !

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it already, or if you've done it - but have a chat with places such as Harvey Norman, Fantastic etc. I know in the relief effort after the Canberra fires they donated goods and offered massive discounts to people who'd lost their homes/belongings. They may already have something set up, but if you don't ask you won't know! Good luck with it all.

Sounds like a plan Taryn! Another thing I was thinking of was asking the fuel companies like BP maybe for a fuel card? That would be a big help. I am looking at the Budget website atm & they have a 12 tonne that would serve us well imo. But how to get it for free, lol??? Can you ask Kennards about a truck? As said I have HR license so anything up to that would be good.

We have the transit and the large trailer, will see how the donations go, and plan as we go, at this stage Scott is planning on leaving Wed or Thurs with the Van and Trailer, (they can fit a lot of stuff but will see how we go)

If we get enough stuff to warrant the truck i will hit them up for it also. Its a small furntiure removal truck.

At the moment we are concentraing on clothes, non perishable foods, toys, things like deaderant, shampoos etc furntiure will not be needed until much later down the track as these people do not have houses to put it in !!

That's true they don't, however generally the donations from places like HN, Big W and the like take the form of vouchers for use at a later date, they don't take up much space but come in very handy and can cover goods such as clothing etc.

At the rate you're going it sounds like you'll need all the vehicles you can get! It's fantastic that everyone is chipping in.

I thought that too Taryn but they will need rental accommodation. Maybe a list of furniture we can access at a later date might be a better idea. Hmm... I have an idea hatching. I'll get back to you soon.

Donoations coming in fast now, awesome adelaide !!

Attachments

• DSCF3691.JPG
    DSCF3691.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF3692.JPG
    DSCF3692.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 57
My phone has been hot all afternoon with people wanting to give clothing etc.I am picking some boxes up tomorrow with 4 other people bringing goods to MOSHCC tomorrow., the first of many, no doubt! Do we know where we are going?

Good on everyone who is donating!! I wish there was some way I could send down all the stuff I have here... I've got 3 bags of clothes, and toys that I'm giving to the Salvos... pitty I couldn't get them down there instead.

Keep it up guys :D

Sam have just printed a list of all relief centres will be sitting down with Scott tonight and working out a route that will allow us to visit more than one spot.

Scott will be leaving on the first run Wednesday early am, please try get donations to me on Tuesday, please still drop donations to me after this time as we will organise another run for next week.

We will stop taking donations on Wednesday next week (the 18th of Feb) and get everything we have collected in that week over there.

Thanks everyone, my pile of donations is growing very large here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back