First eggies of the season...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A young hypo pair of U.milii were the first to lay this season. Being so light (especially the male) they are really hard to photograph, so please excuse the quality of the pics.

She had actually fallen fast asleep after laying them and hadn't covered them up. She had been in this position almost all night, so eventually I opened the nest box and nudged her to check she was okay, and put the eggies in the incubator.

Don't blame her for having a nap, it always amazes me how such big eggs come out of such a small hole :shock:

Mummy asleep on eggs
Laid10-09-06.jpg

Daddy
11-09-06.jpg

100_3973.jpg

Mummy and Daddy
100_3974.jpg

Are the male's alway's bigger then the female's or is there an age difference between them to?

This pair are actually exactly the same size, the male is sitting on top of the substrate so he looks a bit bigger, whereas the female is sleeping at the bottom. They seem to vary a lot in size depending on bloodline. Generally males are smaller. I have a reasonably small male breeding with a massive female. He is aptly named Cassenova.

lol ah now i see what what you mean

"i would like to recall my previous statement" lol

No, I haven't. I was recommended coir peat when I first started breeding, and they all love it, so I've never used anything else. *If it ain't broke don't fix it* LOL!! I do mix a little bit of sphagnum moss in it to break it up a bit, coir peat can get a little bit hard packed on it's own, the sphagnum helps keep it fluffy!

wow congrats sarah :)

Fingers cross with the incubation!

Any chance that Cassenova was my little boy? :)

They are just the cutest things!! Congrats to you I am green with envy!!! How many eggs?

Hey there!

Yep, they both came from you. Hoping for some hypo babies! Can't wait to see what hatches out! The eggies look fine, so fingers crossed.

It's her first clutch, so I think she did quite well. She was SO huge. I swear she would have burst if she hadn't laid soon!

I didn't expect them to breed so soon, was very pleased to get back from hols and find ger gravid!

:0)

Very cute and congrats on the eggs! I hope they all hatch for you!

I'm interested in getting one or 2 of these little guys...

Are they good pets (good with handling), and how much are they?
Also, can diseases be transferred from and to them by snakes?

Cheers.

Hey there!

Yep, they both came from you. Hoping for some hypo babies! Can't wait to see what hatches out! The eggies look fine, so fingers crossed.

It's her first clutch, so I think she did quite well. She was SO huge. I swear she would have burst if she hadn't laid soon!

I didn't expect them to breed so soon, was very pleased to get back from hols and find ger gravid!

:0)

Thats awesome!! I was thinking about how they were going a few days ago and was gona pm you :)
They were all quite small but I knew they were gona breed soon :) It will be very interesting to see how their babies turn out!
Congrats again

They have grown a fair bit since they arrived, but they still aren't fully grown. I was surprised to find her gravid, but I guess they must be about 10 months old now. I'm really excited to see what they produce!

Congrats there Saz, Daddy looks happy!

Very light indeed, haven't seen heaps of Milli or anything but there alot lighter then the ones I have seen, they on shed?

No, not on shed, they are very light animals. Here's a pic of them when they first arrived without flash.

They both go lighter than this, the pic was taken during the day, for some reason they both really pale up at night. Daddy is always much paler than Mummy.

cfc1f564.jpg

Nice, yeah the Female is what I've found them looking like, I like the lighter ones though very nice.

Can't wait to see the little ones, there so tiny..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back