First Foam Background

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smigga

Reaction score
The other day i went to a vinnies garage sale and for $15 got 2 of these plus another large entertainment unit:D.
Foam Background 038.jpg
After collecting all the foam and with a few expert tips (thanx Jaxrtfm) i started sticking it on.
Foam Background 039.jpgFoam Background 043.jpg
After a couple of hours and a hell mess i am finished sort of (will be getting some expanda foam tomorrow to fill in some of the gaps)
Foam Background 044.jpg
Now comes the fun part of grouting and painting :D

For heating im going to use stein enclosures method of halogen downlights, mainly because i put the ledge up to high:oops: but also because it is cheaper and more efficient:).

Thanks for looking,
Brad

:D that was the easy part, now the mess starts, can you remove the glass door, if not grab some glad wrap and wrap the door TOTALLY, once you start rendering and painting you'll be amazed what winds up getting splashed.

Other than that you're off to a good start

definately jealous of you getting all that for $15 man! lol looks good.
Cheers Tim

Yeah the door is removable, i probably would have ruined the door if you hadn't told me that thanx a lot.

:D that was the easy part, now the mess starts, can you remove the glass door, if not grab some glad wrap and wrap the door TOTALLY, once you start rendering and painting you'll be amazed what winds up getting splashed.

Other than that you're off to a good start

Just thought i would show you all the entertainment unit i got for $7.50
TANK 002.jpg
Also have finished with the foam now, have filled in most of the gaps and looking a bit better i think:D
TANK 004.jpg

IF i can get out of the shed this weekend i might have to start visiting a few of the op shops. I probably shouldnt, i've still got 2 in the shed and one big entertainment unit in the lounge which is earmarked for a double enclosure once i get the TV and associated equipment moved...... LOL

LMAO Jax... i have one in the family room waiting to be done to but need to find somewere to put the tv and stuff til im done

i cannot believe the bargains people r picking up!!!!!!!!!

I feel like i'm playing chess, i have to finish the current project so the TV & co. can be moved onto the top of it, so I can then take the existing one outside and put it in the queue :)

as for all these bargains that people are finding *folds arms* I'm sooooo not talking to any of you anymore. :p

I cant wait to see the project your working on Jax.

With the first layer of grout do you add water or only the PVA glue???

The liquid part of the mix should be 50/50 pva & water

This project is fairly common, but it's a large enclosure but next one is going to be the OMG one :)

AHHH alright will be starting that in a couple of minutes.

Yeah thats the one i meant, what sort of theme are you going to use or is that a secret :)

The OMG one will be a secret but it will be very different ( although there has been a lot of guesses on one of the threads :)

This one has a Bali theme, inspired by a pic I saw on google- a great place to find ideas

Finished my first layer of grout last night and it is dry this morning. Its starting to finally look like a rock i think:D

001.jpg

Looking forward to how it will look when im finished :)

Second layer of grout is dry :D

DDDDDDDDDDDDDD 004.jpg

Last edited:
You are doing a great job so far. Love looking at these type of threads, as I need all the inspiration I can get to do my own project.

thanks guys i didnt think it would look this good to tell the truth, especially when i was just looking at foam.:)

Finally finished my last layer of grout:D

YYYYYYYYYYYYY 032.jpgYYYYYYYYYYYYY 029.jpg

Now comes the fun part of painting, ill be using tregs thread as a guideline, hopefully it turns out pretty similar (Just a different colour) :)

looking good so far... you arent just having one vent are you ???? LOL

hahahaha no there will be two but our jigsaw having a bit of a hissy fit, so we are trying to find someone we know who has a jigsaw and isnt using it at the moment:?

I'd have hated for you to have forgotten the 2nd vent and then had your own hissy fit because no one pointed out that there was only one :)

Powertools have a habit of having tantrums when you need them most :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back