First Gecko Feeding Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuxnsw

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am now the proud owner(got my gecko last week) of a Oedura Marmorata, it is a couple of months old. I have pin-head crickets to feed but am looking at advice on frequency and quantity ie how often and how many pin-heads at a time?

All the material I have seen has varied from everyday to more often for hatchies. I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing!

At the tail-end of this how often would/should the gecko be pooping? I have feed it evey 2nd day or so for the week, a few pin-heads at a time and can't see any waste in the terrarium.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

tux

Hi Tux,

Welcome to the forum. I am somewhat surprised that no-one has responded earlier. It is rather unusual. There are a number of Australian based websites with care sheets available for O. marmorata and the larger UK and USA dealers have them too. Following is the link to Danny Brown’s care sheet on Diplodactylus geckoes. You can use this as a guide as well. If you don’t know about Danny, he is recognised as one of the best if not the best breeder of small lizards in Australia. You won’t get better advice anywhere. Geckodan � Danny Brown � Reptile Caresheets - Diplodactylus Species

Enjoy,
Blue

I would say pin head crickets are way too small to feed young marms, l would be giving them ones classed as small, they do like their prey to be on the larger side. After another month or two you should be able to move to medium crickets. Feed three or four times a week, 2 or 3 crickets each at a time. With larger feeds, they will defecate more regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back